Film / Novel Location Contest - POLL CLOSED - LOTR is the Winner

Started by rcallicotte, November 30, 2008, 03:13:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Which film / novel best represents a place you would like to recreate?

FUTURAMA - Location on Vergon 6
LOTR -The Great Tree of Lothlorien
LOTR - Giant stone kings guarding the Anduin river
LOTR - Mount Doom
LOTR - Gates of Mordor
LOTR - Minas Tirith
LOTR - Village of Rohan
LOTR - Helm's Deep
LOTR - Barad-dur(Sauron's Tower)
LOTR - The Grey Havens
LOTR - Isengard
LOTR - Rivendell
LOTR - The Lonely Mountain
LOTR - The Shire
LOTR - Gandolf's fall into the deep pit (the pit, with or without characters)
LOTR - Site of greenDragonTavern near Hobbiton
LOTR - Emyn Muir
MYST
HARRY POTTER
INDIANA JONES
JURASSIC PARK
PIRATES OF THE CARIBBEAN
STAR WARS
CROUCHING TIGER, HIDDEN DRAGON

rcallicotte

I just realized I might be blocking creativity by rejecting a good idea.  How many people would rather see this be about a film or novel (already listed above) than about a specific location within a film or novel?  Please let me know, since it would just be a matter of adding up all of the votes for LOTR and changing the poll to reflect just films or novels. 

No votes will be lost, no matter what we do.
So this is Disney World.  Can we live here?

rcallicotte

How reasonable is it if I just move all of the LOTR into one category in the poll?  This has already been mentioned and it could be better for creativity to include only one entry per film / novel. 

If no one reasonably objects to this, I'll move all of the present votes separated out into the various locations for LOTR into one category in the poll for LOTR.  This will leave categories of movies or novels only and no specific locations designated within this poll.  The winning film or novel will then be open to everyone's discretion in that (winning) world to create from whichever scene is desirable within that winning category.

lonewolf

I say make it a movie / novel based contest. Change the LOTR into 1 catagory.

Iain

Esgalachoir

I agree with Lonewolf, make LOTR into one catagory.  I also partially agree with Arisdemos, perhaps you could take some of the room that LOTR leaves when it's cleaned up and add some movies/novels(fiction or non) that contain a bit of historical significance - Although I wouldn't go overboard with that, one of the great things about Terragen II, of course, is the ability to capture something from imagination and make it physically tangible, for all to see and enjoy.

rcallicotte

Lonewolf, which movies/novels would be good to place in there?

Quote from: Esgalachoir on December 02, 2008, 12:08:52 AM
I agree with Lonewolf, make LOTR into one catagory.  I also partially agree with Arisdemos, perhaps you could take some of the room that LOTR leaves when it's cleaned up and add some movies/novels(fiction or non) that contain a bit of historical significance - Although I wouldn't go overboard with that, one of the great things about Terragen II, of course, is the ability to capture something from imagination and make it physically tangible, for all to see and enjoy.

rcallicotte

Since I can't remove items, LOTR now counts as one category.  I don't mind adding a couple more items, but the poll still only goes until Sunday at 10AM (GMT -6).

dandelO

OK, now I'll vote then, I think...

Done.

cyphyr

Bit late I know but how about some of the shots from "Crouching Tiger Hidden Dragon", some stunning locations there.
Richard
www.richardfraservfx.com
https://www.facebook.com/RichardFraserVFX/
/|\

Ryzen 9 5950X OC@4Ghz, 64Gb (TG4 benchmark 4:13)

rcallicotte

Yeah.  Sorry to be a bit of a roadblock.  This should be better.

Quote from: dandelO on December 02, 2008, 07:46:26 AM
OK, now I'll vote then, I think...

Done.

moodflow

Rivendell... THE spot to recreate.   :o
http://www.moodflow.com
mood-inspiring images and music

rcallicotte

dandelO

Looks like it's going to be a LOTR theme then, so far, at least. How original! :D

rcallicotte

And, whatever subject wins, if there is a film and novel for this topic, then someone can create from anywhere in the entire world / universe.  Sound good?

Quote from: dandelO on December 05, 2008, 09:53:07 AM
Looks like it's going to be a LOTR theme then, so far, at least. How original! :D

rcallicotte

Last bump until Sunday.  Only have until 10AM (GMT-6) to select something for the contest.

cyphyr

4pm in the ol' country now, an I'm thinkin that makes 10AM (GMT-6) over the pond so do we have an accord now? By my count thats 21 votes (lotr) to 7 (potc) runner up. Is my enumeration correct ;)
richard
www.richardfraservfx.com
https://www.facebook.com/RichardFraserVFX/
/|\

Ryzen 9 5950X OC@4Ghz, 64Gb (TG4 benchmark 4:13)