Scrub Plain *Updated*

Started by RArcher, December 01, 2008, 12:50:02 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

cyphyr

I, just to be different, (lol) prefer the second one, it has a dreamy "Technicolor" quality to it, like from a 50's film set.
Ricahard
www.richardfraservfx.com
https://www.facebook.com/RichardFraserVFX/
/|\

Ryzen 9 5950X OC@4Ghz, 64Gb (TG4 benchmark 4:13)

MacGyver

I love the updated picture! I can really see the influence the feedback has had on your decisions! :)
Is this the final version?

PS: One thing that doesn't fit for me: the red grass. :-\ Too distracting imho, but just my opinion. ;)
What you wish to kindle in others must burn within yourself. - Augustine

RArcher

Thanks for the feedback, It certainly has a different style to it than the original.  I am thinking about a third pass to hit some sort of middle ground between the two.

Domdib, what size were you looking for?

domdib

Mmm - the size it is now would be fine, but I guess ideally perhaps 1.5 times both length and breadth - so that I guess would mean just over double the rendering time? And preferably in OpenEXR format.

Does that mean you've kept a note of the original settings? Or are you more methodical, and have kept the original version?

zhotfire

I'm having a hard time deciding between the two. I love the natural look of the first and the outlandish colours of the second. The tree does shift the balance, but I kinda like it. :)

RArcher

I've gone around in circles on this one the last few days.  More trees, no trees, more cloud, less cloud, darker, lighter, higher, lower... Now I'm back nearly where I started and calling this one finished at least for now.

domdib

I still prefer the original  ;). It's funny how an apparently simple scene has revealed such differences in aesthetic viewpoint. Anyway, I'm still curious how you did the clouds. Prepared to drop a hint or two? Or even a .tgc??

Saurav

I prefer the original as well, it had a great mood to it.

MacGyver

Quote from: Saurav on December 10, 2008, 07:17:27 AM
I prefer the original as well, it had a great mood to it.

Hm, I agree. Still, great work! :)
What you wish to kindle in others must burn within yourself. - Augustine