The universe

Started by lightning, December 10, 2008, 01:00:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

lightning

does anyone else watch it
you know The universe on the history channel
I know its abit of a geeks program but i really enjoy it very interesting i downloaded the first 2 sesions because i like it so much great inspiration for my sci fi terragen art.
I kind of get annoyed with the corny american accent would have preferred a british narator but anything is better than having microsoft sam talking to us like on stephen hawkings documentarys.
The way they explain about the universe is very simple to understand which i like alot.

RogueNZ

What time does it screen?

buzzzzz1

Quote from: lightning on December 10, 2008, 01:00:39 AM
does anyone else watch it
you know The universe on the history channel
I know its abit of a geeks program but i really enjoy it very interesting i downloaded the first 2 sesions because i like it so much great inspiration for my sci fi terragen art.
I kind of get annoyed with the corny american accent would have preferred a british narator but anything is better than having microsoft sam talking to us like on stephen hawkings documentarys.
The way they explain about the universe is very simple to understand which i like alot.

corny American accent?  Sounds fine to me. I wonder how many corny American accents there are registered to this site? 
XFX 750i SLI  nFORCE Mobo
Intel Core2 Duo E8400 3.00 GHz Wolfdale
8 Gig Corsair DDR2 6400
Nvidia GForce 9600 GSO 768 MB
XP Pro 64 bit OS

lightning

well their is not just one american accent america is like Britain different parts of the country have different accents I have a girl at my school who comes from virginia and her accent sounds really nice.
but then we have another guy from south texas and i can't even understand him :-\

buzzzzz1

Quote from: lightning on December 10, 2008, 03:36:04 PM
well their is not just one american accent america is like Britain different parts of the country have different accents I have a girl at my school who comes from virginia and her accent sounds really nice.
but then we have another guy from south texas and i can't even understand him :-\

Yeah, Jeff Foxworthy says where he is from "sensuous" for instance is used something like this:  Sensuous up, get me a beer.  :D
XFX 750i SLI  nFORCE Mobo
Intel Core2 Duo E8400 3.00 GHz Wolfdale
8 Gig Corsair DDR2 6400
Nvidia GForce 9600 GSO 768 MB
XP Pro 64 bit OS

darthvader

What accent? Up here in Seattle we speak flawlessly (if educated properly) ;D

Just kidding, I'm sure we have some strange accent that makes babies cry...we just don't realize it ;)