Has anyone tested TG2 on vista??

Started by edlo, January 18, 2007, 10:30:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

edlo

I recently deleted my installation of Vista RC since the final thing its coming out so I am not able to test TG2 on vista.
Has anyone tested it?
Cheers.

MeltingIce

I haven't myself but some people on these forums have.  I've heard that they are getting some OpenGL issues but otherwise it works.  Just do a search and I think you'll find plenty of information  ;)

MeltingIce Network | Wii Number: 3881 9574 8304 0277

edlo

Quote from: MeltingIce on January 18, 2007, 11:00:21 AM
I haven't myself but some people on these forums have.  I've heard that they are getting some OpenGL issues but otherwise it works.  Just do a search and I think you'll find plenty of information  ;)

I did a search on vista and windows vista on the forums; you only get 2 hits:

Vista Atmosphere Issue
in Terragen 2 Support

Re: Vista Atmosphere Issue by jo
...  I tried enabling compositing mode for windows on XP, to see if it got rid of some  ...
...  described in the first post. I imagine Vista has the compositing mode turned on all  ...
   18.8%    Torkain    December 23, 2006, 07:49:21 AM
      Linux
in Terragen 2 Discussion

Linux by efflux
...  be a Linux version over both Mac and Windows. I have PCs here that will not be going  ...
...  case it seems as though we are all on Windows. I have a Mac G5 but any PCs I build in  ...
   13.4%    efflux    December 25, 2006, 06:48:46 AM
      New Planetside Site Layout?
in Open Discussion

Re: New Planetside Site Layout? by Dark Fire
...  your version looks better than the Windows Vista site, which is spoiled by heavy  ...
   6%    Blackheart6004    December 24, 2006, 09:36:44 PM

Which isnt by far "plenty" of information on serious TG2 testing on Windows Vista.

Dark Fire

There's no need to worry too much about Vista - the Planetside team will fix any problems TG2 has with it.

Will

Yes Ive asked about it that will fix the problums as they arise so don't worry.

Regards,

Will
The world is round... so you have to use spherical projection.

rcallicotte

Vista is having all sorts of reported troubles from graphics to discombobulated tightened security and is (from my professional point of view) a POS.
So this is Disney World.  Can we live here?

Will

well its windows what do you expect it has been released half finished and in five years it will be mostly stable.

Regards,

Will

buchvecny

lol yeah... i dont actually get people who bought Vista so early. It doesnt make sense, all hackers are waiting for the same moment.

Dark Fire

The tightened security may be discombobulated, but at least it has finally been tightened.

Will

The only reason im thinking about getting Vista this year is becuase of CRYSIS, that game looks amazing in DX10.

Regards,

Will

Dark Fire

The support for new amazing hardware in Vista is the main reason for buying it, I think.

rcallicotte

Will (and everyone), look what John Carmack has to say about Vista and DirectX10 -

http://www.gamesindustry.biz/content_page.php?aid=22161

There is no reason to go to Vista for games.  Oh, sorry.  Should we say that out in the open where MS can hear us?   :-*

rcallicotte

Not tightened for people who really want to use their PC.  It has all sorts of ways to keep us from doing what we normally could do on XP or Max OSX.

Quote from: Dark Fire on January 18, 2007, 04:07:48 PM
The tightened security may be discombobulated, but at least it has finally been tightened.

Will

Yea Ive read that and I agree but have you seen the movies and screens from that game...crazy. But I see your point and I have Fedora Core on my laptop in protest ;)

Regards,

Will

gradient