Two Years Worth - Files are in the Last Two Posts - Topic Locked

Started by rcallicotte, December 11, 2008, 10:16:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

rcallicotte

Out of a hunger I had to learn TG2 about two years ago, I made a collection of tutorials made by various people on this site.  This HTML is a collection of these lessons since then.  Two years worth.  Some of these things might be old enough to not matter (like links) and some functionality might have changed a little (for the better), but here it is and I hope it's useful.

[edit - added Lucio's Icefall's tutorial]

[Edit - Here are two files in the final two posts of this thread that, when both are completely unzipped in your chosen location, will produce a useful ZIP file.  Enjoy.
So this is Disney World.  Can we live here?

Tangled-Universe

Fantastic Calico, thanks a lot for putting this together!
In the first place for yourself, but now for us, very generous!
Hope the file will work well, will take a look at it as soon as I'm back home.
Unfortunately that's by sunday :(

Martin

PorcupineFloyd

That's absolutely fantastic! Thanks :)

reck

Ah calico thanks for sharing your collection with the community, it's very generous of you.

RichTwo

As the good Lord says: "Ask and ye shall receive."  Thanks so much, all!  We've got a darn good support system going on here.

I do know most of the basics of TG2, it just that my goals are to exceed the basics and go over the top.  But maybe not right now, of course.  To agree with Volker, I know it's a lot of trial-and-error (and plenty of failure).  I certainly will try to check out some of those links. 

I, too have learned a few things on my own.  Not sure if they'd be of any interest, since my concepts may lean toward the unconventional at times.  It's realizing them with TG2 that's the hard part - So many variables.  With TG 0.9XX and World Machine I could almost visualize what outcome I'd get, and I am so used to doing that.

Thanks again!
They're all wasted!

Mohawk20

Quote from: Rich2 on December 12, 2008, 01:18:06 PM
It's realizing them with TG2 that's the hard part - So many variables.  With TG 0.9XX and World Machine I could almost visualize what outcome I'd get, and I am so used to doing that.

After some more time with TG2, you'll be able to visualise the outcome with the new version as well...
Howgh!

MF_Erwan

Thanks for this work! With that, perhaps I will be able to make other thing than clouds...
But too bad the images are not included.

rcallicotte

Crap.  Sorry about that.  I'll try to correct it and replace the above file tonight.  This should be in about 8 hours.

Quote from: elegac on December 16, 2008, 07:47:09 AM
Thanks for this work! With that, perhaps I will be able to make other thing than clouds...
But too bad the images are not included.

rcallicotte

Check below.

rcallicotte

Check below.

rcallicotte

Check below.

schmeerlap

I hope I realise I don't exist before I apparently die.

mhaze

mhaze

winzip reports an error when I try and unzip the 2nd and 3rd files

Mick

rcallicotte

Check below - Try using ZipGenius.