E-on learns from Planetside - Free Vue 7 Beta (or so we hoped...)

Started by Mohawk20, December 17, 2008, 05:39:37 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mohawk20

The latest e-on newsletter reads the following in the main article:

The Perfect Introduction to 3D

Create vast expanses of terrains, add trees, select the best point of view and render hyper-realistic images of your landscapes in moody atmospheres... in a few mouse clicks.

With a rich but incredibly easy-to-use feature set, Vue 7 Pioneer will let you create breathtaking images and animations of your own 3D worlds within minutes!

Try the Open Beta, Get the Full Product for FREE!

The Open Beta of Vue 7 Pioneer is a fully functionnal version, and it is totally free!

Furthermore, Cornucopia3D and e-on software are happy to offer a full copy of the final release of Vue 7 Pioneer (when available) to all users of the Open Beta, free of charge!

>> Read more about Vue 7 Pioneer at www.cornucopia3d.com/pioneer

Howgh!

Tangled-Universe

I can't download it unfortunately :s

Since you're in The Netherlands as well, are you able to?

Mohawk20

The link redirected to a dead/blank page...
The site is really slow today. I got to the homepage and used the link in the Advert there, and got to the same page, but this time it loaded fine.

If it doesn't work, try this link: http://www.cornucopia3d.com/products/vue/vue_7_pioneer/?page=download
Howgh!

Tangled-Universe

Quote from: Mohawk20 on December 17, 2008, 06:03:22 AM
The link redirected to a dead/blank page...
The site is really slow today. I got to the homepage and used the link in the Advert there, and got to the same page, but this time it loaded fine.

If it doesn't work, try this link: http://www.cornucopia3d.com/products/vue/vue_7_pioneer/?page=download

That's exactly the link which isn't working ;)
But thanks anyway :)
Have you tried yourself in the meantime?

Tangled-Universe

Ha! After a minute or 15 or so it suddenly popped up if I want to open or save the file :P
Guess it's just extremely busy then.

rcallicotte

So this is Disney World.  Can we live here?

Tangled-Universe

Yes I certainly will. Tonight or tomorrow I have plenty of time to play.

IanR

The Cornucopia3D servers are currently down "due to the tremendous success of the Vue 7 Pioneer Open Beta"  :(

...it does say they're working on it though so there's still hope!

Tangled-Universe

Yes that sucks...I've downloaded the program but now you need Cornucopia to "synchronize" it before you can use. Why this?  ??? Why can't people just use it straight ahead without all the hassles  ???

buzzzzz1

Quote from: Tangled-Universe on December 17, 2008, 11:25:26 AM
Yes that sucks...I've downloaded the program but now you need Cornucopia to "synchronize" it before you can use. Why this?  ??? Why can't people just use it straight ahead without all the hassles  ???

That way they can get their fingers into your computer where they have no business.
XFX 750i SLI  nFORCE Mobo
Intel Core2 Duo E8400 3.00 GHz Wolfdale
8 Gig Corsair DDR2 6400
Nvidia GForce 9600 GSO 768 MB
XP Pro 64 bit OS

chefc

Quote from: buzzzzz1 on December 17, 2008, 02:14:56 PM
Quote from: Tangled-Universe on December 17, 2008, 11:25:26 AM

That way they can get their fingers into your computer where they have no business.

Evil villian's
Chef C  ;)

Serving the masses  8)

latego

Quote from: buzzzzz1 on December 17, 2008, 02:14:56 PM

Since you will get 7 Pioneer full when out of beta and will be able to buy additional modules building all the way up to Complete, they have all the rights to check that you have a legal copy of the program.

Also, remember that only with legally registered copies of Vue you can get much of the content from Cornucopia3D, at bargain prices (just compare Cornucopia prices with, e.g., TurboSquid ones).

Bye...

lightning

I have the new Beta it pretty cool nothing to different wouldnt you think cornucopia and e-on would have made sure the servers would not overload they must of knew that their would be alot of people downloading it :-\

Tangled-Universe

Quote from: lightning on December 17, 2008, 06:34:37 PM
I have the new Beta it pretty cool nothing to different wouldnt you think cornucopia and e-on would have made sure the servers would not overload they must of knew that their would be alot of people downloading it :-\

Yes indeed. When I keep in mind that, well, 99% of their (cornucopia) business relies on their site I can't understand at all that they haven't anticipated on an increase in traffic.

Tangled-Universe

The synchronisation-server is down it seems...Vue 7 now asks for manual synchronisation. Luckily I copy/pasted the activation-code into notepad so now I was able to synchronize manually instead of having to wait for Vue 7 self to automatically synchronize :)

Now, let's see if Vue's any match for TG2 ;)