Motion in the Sea question

Started by PeterParker, December 23, 2008, 01:33:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

PeterParker

Hello,

i´ve the deep edition of Terragen 2 and my question is:

"is it possible to record waves in the sea?" The camera is fix to one point and record the sea waves.

second question:

When Terragen starts it always start with standard screen, but i want my own screen without the shader tree.
Cause i need a big preview window. I´ve made a custom one but it wont work it always starts with the standard screen.

Is there an solution?

Best regards and merry christmas  :)

PeterParker

Ähhh...sorry but i´ve the animation edition...ups  ;D

rcallicotte

Did you see JimB's animation of the ocean?  It's new and it's awesome.
So this is Disney World.  Can we live here?

Oshyan

I'm not sure what you mean by "recording" the waves. You can use animation controls to animate the noise function that is the basis of the water shape. This is essentially what JimB did in his recent wave motion animation tests. You can start by using a Transform shader to Translate the position of the water's noise function over time. Translate in the X and/or Z direction for horizontal movement, and translate a little bit (much less than the other two) in the Y direction (vertically), which will give you some variation in the shape over time (rather than just simple horizontal movement with a static shape).

As for saving your workspace, that's not currently possible but we do hope to add that in the future.

- Oshyan

JimB

Quote from: Oshyan on December 23, 2008, 10:19:44 PM
You can start by using a Transform shader to Translate the position of the water's noise function over time. Translate in the X and/or Z direction for horizontal movement, and translate a little bit (much less than the other two) in the Y direction (vertically), which will give you some variation in the shape over time (rather than just simple horizontal movement with a static shape)

Funnily enough, that's exactly what I didn't suss out until last night. All movement has been through heightfield transforms so far. Christmas beckons so I can't do anything with it until next week sadly, but I have a boat almost ready  ;)

Linear animation would be a great help, as every time I need to animate a parameter I have to do it in another app and import it.
Some bits and bobs
The Galileo Fallacy, 'Argumentum ad Galileus':
"They laughed at Galileo. They're laughing at me. Therefore I am the next Galileo."

Nope. Galileo was right for the simpler reason that he was right.

PeterParker

Thanks a lot for your help,

haven´t seen yet the animation from JimB.
Sounds a little bit complicatet to add some waves in motion.
So i´ve to try it out to get some waves in motion.

Best regards

Peter