16 shaders limit frustrated

Started by lightning, December 22, 2008, 12:14:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Oshyan

Sure, but what else can we do? The answer needs to be given, even if it hasn't changed. If I could do something myself to change it, I would.

- Oshyan

kleinm

bit late for a response but wouldnt it be enough to bake the textures down to your models?
in max:
select model, open render to texture dialogue (menue-rendering) choose output options,
hit - render/unwrap  and your model has all colorinformation, bump, spec or whatever you
need. should be enough unless you plan a closeup shot...

ashiq

Last year Matt made the announcement : Terragen 2 Deep Edition will be released on the 15th of February, 2008. Now here 10 months later and no final release yet and you are telling us that the "gold" release still won't address the limit on textures? Some may think badly of me for saying this, but this is getting ridiculous. I have models that have 60 textures. Can it really be that difficult to fix this issue for us?

Jack

Quote from: ashiq on January 20, 2009, 01:36:18 PM
Last year Matt made the announcement : Terragen 2 Deep Edition will be released on the 15th of February, 2008. Now here 10 months later and no final release yet and you are telling us that the "gold" release still won't address the limit on textures? Some may think badly of me for saying this, but this is getting ridiculous. I have models that have 60 textures. Can it really be that difficult to fix this issue for us?

agreed ::)
My terragen gallery:
http://wetbanana.deviantart.com/