Install issue re: drive

Started by Al_frog, December 21, 2006, 11:42:43 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Al_frog

When I first tried installing I wanted to put TG2 on my F: drive but I could not get the installer to accept this despite the fact it was shown as an option.  If TG2 will only install on C: then the option should not appear (since you just waste time trying).  I re-arranged some files to make room on C: and it installed OK.  A minor issue I know but still adds confusion to the process.  Thanks!

Njen

I installed onto my D: drive just fine. Maybe there is something you have changed by accident?

Oshyan

We're not aware of any issues installing to alternate drives. Can you describe the error more specifically? Did you get any error messages or did it simply refuse to install?

- Oshyan

Al_frog

(Oshyan- Glad (very) to see the forum up and running!)
It has been almost a week so I don't remember everything clearly and I thought it probably was not a problem that many people would have or even report, if indeed it is a problem.  What I remember seeing is both my C: and F: HDDs listed and I tried to change from the highlighted drive by clicking the F: dirve and then later editing the C: to make it an F: but they all ended up going back to C:.....  Not anxious to uninstall to try this!
At first I did not understand if (other) problems I was having were my lack of understanding or some issue with my computer/software and I am still pretty much at that point!  I have had crashes when trying to move the camera (but I am not sure I was doing that entirely correctly and I was repeating things in a short period of time (rapidly) when suddenly poof!).  The other problem is one some others have mentioned about stepping away from the computer near the end of a render and coming back to find no sign of TG2 or output.  Presumably after the render was finished.  In my case I think this may have some connection to a Screen Saver (animated Harry Potter) which may have tried to launch.  I have removed the screen saver but have not had time to try things out to see if the problem is repeated or gone.
Thanks!  (I have had some fun renders in between issues though! but mostly by luck rather than competence.)

Oshyan

Thanks for the additional info. There are a number if issues we're working on which may help with some of your problems.

- Oshyan