Mountain Lake

Started by Kranky, November 29, 2008, 06:38:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kranky

Hello everybody,

here is my new project. I made the trees and bushes in Blender. For the trees in the background I used a fake stones shader - that works very well for this distance. I also used a lot of painted shaders as blending shaders :)

I hope you like it!?

Jens

rcallicotte

I do like it.  It has a particular look about it, which is nice.  Sort of like a painting.  The trees are a bit uniform in the background, but this is being particular.
So this is Disney World.  Can we live here?

RogueNZ

Looks really nice! Only thing i notice is the scale of the foreground trees doest match the background ones

Mandrake

The greens seem a bit to saturated for me but I really like your terrain and obj placement, very nice start to this scene.

Oh the fog rolling up the valley looks pretty nice too!

MacGyver

Quote from: calico on November 29, 2008, 10:35:11 PM
I do like it.  It has a particular look about it, which is nice.  Sort of like a painting.

Absolutely! I thought that as well. :)
In my opinion the clouds look a bit flat; perhaps just my preference for voluminous clouds ;)
Aaaah, almost forgot, I do like the fog you added to your landscape! :D
What you wish to kindle in others must burn within yourself. - Augustine

RArcher

I really love the rock and grass texturing that you have done here.  Fantastic work without using grass models.  If you make any changes I would decrease the spacing of the trees in the background areas.

Kranky

Without using grass models ??? ? I used 2 grass clump populations... they are very dense and short to get a fine grass structure in the background. In the foreground it looks a bit short..  ;D

crisady

It`s nice, but it looks more like a game scene.
The sun could burn a little more the ground, to bring some brightness. The sky is too bright.

Mr_Lamppost

There are lots of things I like about this scene, it definitely has a "Look".  I would use a deeper cloud layer and less saturation on the green but that is just my preference.
Smoke me a kipper I'll be back for breakfast.

Zylot

I agree that this scene has a feel to it, it doesn't look cg, more painted.  Very well done.

Seth

as stated before, the oversaturated choice of colours might not be the good one...
the clouds need some more work too. the water is very dark too (except the shoreline)
good start but i think you should work more on this one :)