Cumulonimbus Distant Shot - Update 2

Started by FrankB, January 05, 2009, 04:49:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

domdib

The upper cloud is fantastic. On the lower cloud, the base (compared to the original photo) is too dark and too grey - it's bluish in the original. But hey, I'm sure you'll figure out how to do it  ;)

Tangled-Universe

Cool cool cool, but there's still more work to do ;)

Martin

Saurav

Hi Frank,

I like the progress you are making with this scene. You probably know this already but the original ref photo has the upper cloud reaching the terrain (background), this is what makes the mood ominous in the ref photo. If you can add that to your scene you will have completed the upper part.  The new lighting works a treat on the clouds.

"Tuned to the channel".

Saurav

efflux

Nice improvements. More detail and more realistic.

C.A.C.

Looks like you are going to have one nice Super Cell going on there.    ;D

darthvader

FrankB

Another update. I think I've got the sky part now as close as it (I) can get with TG2.

I started working on the ground as well, but not finished with that yet.

Frank

Hannes

I'm speechless. This is absolutely photorealistic!!

freelancah

Now that's something. Very impressive!
Edit: The first image got me thinking..if you put those clouds lower and make it a bit more grey it might be a supervolcano erupting. Yellowstone or something similiar

FrankB

Quote from: freelancah on January 08, 2009, 07:40:33 AM
Now that's something. Very impressive!
Edit: The first image got me thinking..if you put those clouds lower and make it a bit more grey it might be a supervolcano erupting. Yellowstone or something similiar

go for it, I'd like to see that.

Cheers,
Frank

Saurav

Clouds look perfect, you have them looking photo realistic as you can get out of TG2. The terrain could use a bit more details in my opinion, perhaps some erosion effects?

old_blaggard

http://www.terragen.org - A great Terragen resource with models, contests, galleries, and forums.

moodflow

Wholly molly!  This is one of the best CG cloud scenes I've ever seen!   :o

The upper level cirrus need some work and the edges of the foreground cumulous could be improved a bit more, but you could leave it as is and have one of the best cloud scenes ever!  The upper level matured anvil of the structure is nearly as perfect as it gets.

Wow...

http://www.moodflow.com
mood-inspiring images and music

Seth

rcallicotte

Very good.  The sky looks even better now.

The trees look like some aren't touching the ground.  Is this a mirage?  Desert, you know...
So this is Disney World.  Can we live here?