Very Annoying Bug/Setting? ...Please Help!

Started by sashley, January 19, 2007, 09:36:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

sashley

Please help!

This annoying repetition keeps appearing in the skies, not all the time, one render will be fine and the next one will look like this and its essentially unusable. Would any one know if this was an actual bug and I have to live with this, or is there a setting thats causing this.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

-S

[attach=#]

Will

Never seen that before, could you post the .tgd?

Regards,

Will
The world is round... so you have to use spherical projection.

sashley

Here it is, its basically a modicification of the tgd Sky Explosion that someone has posted. I made modifications to it, but really only dealing with the camera and turniing off the terrain.

But this has happened to other scenes that I've created as well.

Will

Will

I've tryed several time but have been unable to replicate the event, also the fact that it is happening with other scenes means its probuably a bug or has to do with the compatablity with your hardware, I know there are sevral problums with older or rare video cards so this may be your problum.

Regards,

Will

sashley

These are my high level specs:

AMD Dual Core Processor 2.4ghz
2 GB RAM
Nvidia GeForce 7600 GT

I'll try rendering this on a different machine if you think that might be a problem.

Thanks,
-S

Will

your specs seem high enough, so I guess it a coding bug but you say it haapen frequently thats what I find strange since ive not seen this thing reported before, I assume your not using the Vista beta releases. Perplexing situation you got there.....MeltingIce (orginal creator of Sky Explosion) might know what happening. Jo,Matt, or JavaJones might also find this intrestnig (they are Planetside staff). Im sorry I haven't been able to give you anything diffenitive sashley but other may know more about this then I do.

Regards,

Will

sashley

Well I appreciate the help for sure. I'll run this by the planetside staff and see if they've come across this.

Thanks!

-S

MeltingIce

I'm checking out the .tgd now, I'll get back to you shortly  ;)

MeltingIce Network | Wii Number: 3881 9574 8304 0277

MeltingIce

Hmm... I can't seem to figure out whats going on.  I've been comparing settings between the original and your version and they're almost identical.  If you can remember, exactly what did you change?  Also, I'm not sure what this means, but the text for the rotational values for your camera are green for some reason.  Maybe thats related to whats going wrong?

sashley

Thanks for checking this out. Never thought about the text turning green, I just assumed it let you know if you animated the camera (such as identifying keyframes).

I adjusted the camera till it was level with the terrain, added four camera keyframes on 90 degree intervals. Turned off the ground plane and thats really it. I wanted to see if this was giving me the same problems and sometimes it does and other times it doesn't.

rendering it at 320x240 with low detail I don't run into this problem. The moment I try to make a final rendering and this will appear. So I'm a bit stumped, especially if no one else is running into this bug.

-S

MeltingIce

Quote from: sashley on January 19, 2007, 04:56:15 PM
Thanks for checking this out. Never thought about the text turning green, I just assumed it let you know if you animated the camera (such as identifying keyframes).

I adjusted the camera till it was level with the terrain, added four camera keyframes on 90 degree intervals. Turned off the ground plane and thats really it. I wanted to see if this was giving me the same problems and sometimes it does and other times it doesn't.

rendering it at 320x240 with low detail I don't run into this problem. The moment I try to make a final rendering and this will appear. So I'm a bit stumped, especially if no one else is running into this bug.

-S
Ah I gotcha, I didn't buy the animation package, so I've never seen those green numbers before.  That makes sense though, that they turn green if the parameter is animated.  I'm not really sure whats causing the problem then, I would guess its a bug.

Will

It could be a bug with the animation setup becuase it seems that its rendering each of the frames at once.

Regards,

Will

Will

Have you tryed rendering with out the key frames?

regards,

Will

Oshyan

It looks like the fast animated camera motion combined with low antialiasing settings (which affects motion blur quality as well) is giving you this effect in stills as an artifact of poorly visualized motion blur. If you turn up the AA you'll see it gets a lot more blurred (and realistic-looking). I would avoid making keyframes unless you're actually animating or you're trying to create a motion blur effect, in which case you'll want to use higher AA settings (8 for example).

- Oshyan