HDR Stitching

Started by bigben, January 23, 2009, 07:24:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bigben

Hi all

Just passing by quickly.  Got myself PTGui Pro over the holidays and it stitches EXR files from TG2 very nicely   :)  More later.

Tangled-Universe

Damn, that looks just fine!
€ 149 is quite expensive, but probably worth it, how does it handle differences in lighting due to GI inconsistencies?

Martin

Seth

matrix2003

wow, great output.  Will have to look into this, as I am an .exr junkie !  ;D
-MATRIX2003-      ·DHV·  ....·´¯`*

bigben

Quote from: Tangled-Universe on January 23, 2009, 07:31:00 PM
Damn, that looks just fine!
€ 149 is quite expensive, but probably worth it, how does it handle differences in lighting due to GI inconsistencies?

Martin

This image was without GI (single fill light at zenith, soft shadows, 45°).  Increasing the blur radius helps, although when I increased the quality for the final render there was more variation again.  More testing to do there. 

For doing just this, it is perhaps on the expensive side, but then I also use it a lot for what it's designed for... stitching photos... and for that it is well worth it.  ... but then again I also bought GlobalMapper just for making TER files, and haven't regretted getting the more expensive newer versions.

I'll post  the HDR file in a HDR panoramic viewer later.

domdib

I haven't stress tested it, but Photosphere is a free HDR viewer for OS X that can also stitch OpenEXR.

rcallicotte

So this is Disney World.  Can we live here?

bigben

Here's a link to a version with a floating point JPEG.

http://bigben.id.au/demo/ptv_hdr/gc_001f.html

The sun's surrounded by a black square which unfortunately appears after the conversion from HDR to fjpeg. The viewer also supports HDR, but the full image is a bit big for this applet.

Usual panoramic controls to view.  Press "b" to manually brighten (while cursr is over the applet), "d" to darken.

dandelO

Pretty cool, man. Shame about the sun but the rest is very nice. I can make the river appear to flow with a combination of move+zoom. :)

Seth

yeah, that's too bad for the sun bug :(