Mellow Morning - Finished :)

Started by Tangled-Universe, January 20, 2009, 06:10:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tangled-Universe

Quote from: Mohawk20 on January 25, 2009, 08:12:41 AM
The translucency in the leaves is very realistic, but the area around sun looks a bit oversaturated.

Thanks!

I could reduce the density of the hazes, but nothing more. The bloom also adds to the saturation but is really necessary for the translucency and to avoid a crappy looking sun.

Mohawk20

Another solution would be post pro...
Howgh!

Tangled-Universe

Quote from: Mohawk20 on January 26, 2009, 04:45:59 PM
Another solution would be post pro...

Absolutely, though it is not really my principle ;D

Yesterday Seth sent me an e-mail with his post pro version of this image, see below.
It definitely improved I think, what do you guys think?
I can make the same effect in TG quite easily. After all I tend to be a purist ;D

Tangled-Universe

I'm rendering a new version @ 3525 x 1500 ;D
It's finished within 24 hours. Please stay tuned :)

Martin

MacGyver

Quote from: Tangled-Universe on January 29, 2009, 05:48:07 PM
I'm rendering a new version @ 3525 x 1500 ;D
It's finished within 24 hours. Please stay tuned :)

Martin

;D
What you wish to kindle in others must burn within yourself. - Augustine

Tangled-Universe

Et Voila!

Unless I find a very nice metal fence model I won't update this image anymore :)
I will post the original resolution later, somewhere. 3525x1500 ;D and it took "just" 30 hours to render @ detail 1, AA10, GI 1/1 with SS-prepass.
I hope you enjoy this as much as I did creating it :)

Martin

FrankB

uuh aahh, very beautiful. The lighting really works a like charm in this scene. So all the wait was worth it in the end, don't you think? :-)
cheers,
Frank

Tangled-Universe

Quote from: FrankB on January 30, 2009, 05:02:48 PM
uuh aahh, very beautiful. The lighting really works a like charm in this scene. So all the wait was worth it in the end, don't you think? :-)
cheers,
Frank

Thank you Frank :)

I'm quite happy with this one and indeed worth the waiting. You should really take a look at the original resolution next time you're on msn ;) Personally I especially like the lighting on the tall tree on the left foreground.

old_blaggard

Great work! The blown out sun bugs me a little, but other than that, this is one of the best images I've ever seen.
http://www.terragen.org - A great Terragen resource with models, contests, galleries, and forums.

efflux

Very nice. It works much better now. Lighting is great.

Volker Harun

MacGyver

I agree, very good effort! :) I'm blinded by the sun 8)
Did you add trees at the horizon? Looked a bit pixellated to me at first glance but I didn't know where it came from... :-\

Tangled-Universe

Thanks guys :)

MacGyver:
I duplicated the tree-populations and made them denser at the horizon.
The reason it can look pixelated is because this has been down-sized from the 3525x1500 original.

MacGyver

You're right, could well be the resizing! :)

Tangled-Universe

I'll upload the full res at deviantart tonight so you can see.
Another reason could also be that the density is slightly too low and since the trees are quite slim and tall they may look blocky in the distance. See for youself in the full res version as I don't have it here at work ;)

Martin