Wildness

Started by Seth, January 28, 2009, 01:56:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MacGyver

Great improvements! :D Did you change the POV as well?
What you wish to kindle in others must burn within yourself. - Augustine

Seth

like this FrankB ?

FrankB

Seth

RArcher

Beautiful!  Nothing here that I don't like.  Any chance you would be willing to share your atmosphere node?  I have no problem with dramatic lighting, but subtle reality seems to elude me.

schmeerlap

I love the mood and lighting in this monotoned scene. Excellent work.
btw: I can't find the "Big Fat Atmosphere" button anywhere on my Atmosphere interface :-) (care to share the recipe?)

John
I hope I realise I don't exist before I apparently die.

Tangled-Universe

The way the atmosphere gets rapidly denser over distance is very appealing indeed :)

choronr

Quote from: Seth on January 28, 2009, 01:56:13 PM
this render is not finished yet but i wanted to show the first try of it ;)
I actually like your first render more than the second for its softness and lighting. When heavy fog is present, you can do away with sharpness ...great work!

efflux

Nice work. Different versions all have their own strengths. The only thing that seems not quite right to me is the general distribution of the stones. It looks like this landscape has suffered some huge upheaval to have big stones all over like that and as if there has been no erosion or deposition yet but the trees look like they have been there a long time. My opinion is that if you slope controlled some distribution of those stones it would be a dramatic improvement.

arisdemos

Good realism in the scene and lighting, but I have to agree with a previous poster about the large boulders there are just too many crowded across the foreground.  It also seeems that some of the bigger rocks have rather odd/unatural planes and angles to them.  Some additional variety of ground covering (perhaps sand?) towards part of the water area might be handy to give one relief from that very lengthy field of large rocks. This image is very good, but I belive it can get even better with further development.

Seth

hehehe matter of taste...
I totally disagree with the 2 above statements and I erased my distribution shaders to have boulders everywhere :)

Hannes

Great mood. Outstanding athmosphere. I like both images, but I'd really love to see it WITH your distribution shader for the fake stones shader. Pleeeeeaase!!!

Seth

I didn' even saved the render...
I'll see what i can do next time ;)

buzzzzz1

I like the effects applied to the second one!  Only thing I would change is the Title, perhaps call it "A Rock Concert" Featuring "The Rolling Stones" I think I see Keith Richards? The old wrinkled face one near the front.  ;)  ;D  :P
XFX 750i SLI  nFORCE Mobo
Intel Core2 Duo E8400 3.00 GHz Wolfdale
8 Gig Corsair DDR2 6400
Nvidia GForce 9600 GSO 768 MB
XP Pro 64 bit OS

Seth