Someone shot down my Balloon LOL

Started by buzzzzz1, February 01, 2009, 11:12:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

buzzzzz1

Quote from: calico on February 02, 2009, 02:31:55 PM
Give us some of your image specs, please.  I'm interested in the tree objects and what it took to make the clouds and terrain.  Great castle model, too.  Where did you get the castle?

Thanks to all, especially Martin for the Huggs and Kisses.  ;)  @ calico as I said in my first image "Balloon Ride" http://forums.planetside.co.uk/index.php?topic=5607.0 are the objects used and I started with frankb's cumulus clouds that I purchased from His site. I don't think I can share those, however you can purchase them too. The terrain is a generated fractal terrain in TG, nothing special. I matched the atmo blue color close to the  scattering color in the cumulus colors.
XFX 750i SLI  nFORCE Mobo
Intel Core2 Duo E8400 3.00 GHz Wolfdale
8 Gig Corsair DDR2 6400
Nvidia GForce 9600 GSO 768 MB
XP Pro 64 bit OS

Tangled-Universe

That's useful information Jay. And you're welcome of course by the way ;)

Calico: fake ambient colors in the cloudnode can also do quite some magic if you have troubles matching haze with scattercolors or when you have problems with lighting shadowy areas.

chefc

Chef C  ;)

Serving the masses  8)

domdib

Good news about Frank's clouds, as I bought them too  :). Did you do any specific tweaking to them?

jo

Hi Jay,

That is a really nice render.

Regards,

Jo

efflux

Clouds are excellent. A very realistic render. All the details count like the ground on the bottom right.

Esgalachoir

That is an excellent render.  One would almost want to ask where the photo was taken!

Oshyan

Excellent work. I particularly like the lighting on the trees, as well as the clouds of course.

- Oshyan