The Melt - V3

Started by Tangled-Universe, February 02, 2009, 02:04:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tangled-Universe

Quote from: Mahnmut on February 09, 2009, 01:17:47 PM
I donĀ“t know if its that what you mean by shadow-errors, but to me it looks as if your plants where floating above the surface and throwing correct shadows.
otherwise very snowy.
Best regards,
Jan

Yes Jan, you're correct about that. I'll still have to look into this issue, see if it is because of the intersect underlying or due to incorrect setup.

Oshyan

Very impressive work! I think there is some combination of different versions that would be "ideal", a little something is perhaps lost in the shape in this latest version, but overall it is a notable improvement and is near "perfect" for what it is. Now you just need to find a scene in which to make it the star. Maybe a big patch of remaining snow in front of the camera, at the foot of the volcanic cone in St. Helens, looking up at the rest of the crater, a wide-ish angle shot. ;D

- Oshyan

moodflow

http://www.moodflow.com
mood-inspiring images and music

Tangled-Universe

Quote from: inkydigit on February 25, 2009, 12:55:18 PM
a dead snowman...excellent!

Ghehe...crazy fools :P ;D

Quote from: Oshyan on February 13, 2009, 12:29:26 AM
Very impressive work! I think there is some combination of different versions that would be "ideal", a little something is perhaps lost in the shape in this latest version, but overall it is a notable improvement and is near "perfect" for what it is. Now you just need to find a scene in which to make it the star. Maybe a big patch of remaining snow in front of the camera, at the foot of the volcanic cone in St. Helens, looking up at the rest of the crater, a wide-ish angle shot. ;D

- Oshyan

Thanks Oshyan :) I certainly will try to make it the star in a real scene, but unfortunately I'm very busy with other TG-projects now which I really want to finish first and soon. Let's say it will be beneficial for everyone ;)
I like your suggestion of Mt. St. Helens :)

Martin

chaps

Hello Martin, last saturday I was travelling in the french Alps, and I saw that landscape that make me think about your current work.

Bye

Pascal.

Tangled-Universe

Hi Pascal,

That looks pretty similar in some regards, to be honest.
Thanks for sharing this and great you liked it too! :)

Martin

Tangled-Universe

I've made this snow available through NWDA :)

Please checkout the link below for more:

http://forums.planetside.co.uk/index.php?topic=6255.0

Martin