parts shader

Started by peejay, April 17, 2009, 12:14:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

peejay

sorry for being dim, I know it must have been discussed but I can't find any reference in the forum - does anybody know how this thing is supposed to work? It's the one feature I've been waiting for and I don't get it. When I load an .obj which has been mapped with all its lovely textures and go to the new parts shader - I can't find anything - not just limited to 16 textures - nothing - it's empty! can someone point me in the right direction/ previous thread/ instructions - anything?
???

all my leaves render as black or white squares with the image in the middle. Where and how do I set the alpha channel?

regards

philip
adamans rebellis quod iustus nos

Kevin F

Quote from: peejay on April 17, 2009, 12:14:45 PM
sorry for being dim, I know it must have been discussed but I can't find any reference in the forum - does anybody know how this thing is supposed to work? It's the one feature I've been waiting for and I don't get it. When I load an .obj which has been mapped with all its lovely textures and go to the new parts shader - I can't find anything - not just limited to 16 textures - nothing - it's empty! can someone point me in the right direction/ previous thread/ instructions - anything?
???

all my leaves render as black or white squares with the image in the middle. Where and how do I set the alpha channel?

regards

philip

Go to the internal network of the object by right clicking it, then go to the internal network of the parts shader and Bingo the world is you lobster!

cyphyr

Take a look at the Parts Shaders internal network. If its all rendering black I would guess that either the opacity channel is missing (most likely) or that your texture names or locations have spaces in them.

Hey Planetside could we not sort this out. Every time I load in an object with an alpha map or transparency map attached its just not there, I have to reload it manually. It works fine in Lightwave, it translates fine over to Poseray, but as soon as its opened in TG2 the opacity map has to be re-assigned. I guess this is because TG2 uses "opacity" rather than "transparency" but surely this is sortable ...
Also (I'm sure you already know about this) if a file is in a folder with a space in the path ie "My Documents" then TG2 seems to have difficulty finding it again, it can find it but it cant remember it for the next session.

richard
www.richardfraservfx.com
https://www.facebook.com/RichardFraserVFX/
/|\

Ryzen 9 5950X OC@4Ghz, 64Gb (TG4 benchmark 4:13)

peejay

thanks guys

got it now. I'm going to have to do a lot of file renaming......
adamans rebellis quod iustus nos