xFrog Single Package Purchases...?

Started by rcallicotte, February 02, 2009, 12:34:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

xfrog

Quote from: buzzzzz1 on February 19, 2009, 08:08:04 PM
They didn't say March of what year?  LOL  ;)

you so funny.

we may also have a los angeles launch party if enough people have interest

rcallicotte

Oh my gosh.  All complaints sealed and burned.

Thanks for your announcement.  I wondered if this was what was happening.  And I don't feel silly asking...only grateful and looking forward to this.
So this is Disney World.  Can we live here?

otakar

Wait a second! Is this it? The big announcement everyone has been waiting for? And it comes from who? Xfrog? Buried in a thread about xfrog products? I find that more than a bit curious. And I am not surprised people are questioning which year in March this is supposed to occur with this track record.  :-\ Matt, Oshyan, anyone?

Mohawk20

Quote from: otakar on February 19, 2009, 11:54:06 PM
Wait a second! Is this it? The big announcement everyone has been waiting for? And it comes from who? Xfrog? Buried in a thread about xfrog products? I find that more than a bit curious. And I am not surprised people are questioning which year in March this is supposed to occur with this track record.  :-\ Matt, Oshyan, anyone?

You have to understand that with that track record, they might assume we don't believe them anymore anyways, and thus don't announce it until it's actually finished (which could be in March, unless you decide to go look for a huge bug, and manage to find one... :D).
Xfrog doesn't have this reputation (as far as I know), so they can announce their own release any time.
Howgh!

Tangled-Universe

Quote from: xfrog on February 19, 2009, 08:44:25 PM

you so funny.

Haha, guys I hope you don't take this guy too seriously...come on :)

buzzzzz1

Quote from: Tangled-Universe on February 20, 2009, 04:54:59 AM
Quote from: xfrog on February 19, 2009, 08:44:25 PM

you so funny.

Haha, guys I hope you don't take this guy too seriously...come on :)

Who are you referring to Martin? Mind explaining?   
XFX 750i SLI  nFORCE Mobo
Intel Core2 Duo E8400 3.00 GHz Wolfdale
8 Gig Corsair DDR2 6400
Nvidia GForce 9600 GSO 768 MB
XP Pro 64 bit OS

rcallicotte

Yeah, I don't live in L.A., but a party sounds like a good idea for the four or five people who could make it.

buzzzzz1

Anyone notice that not one Rep. (Matt, Jo or Oshyan) from planetside has commented or verified this?
8 Gig Corsair DDR2 6400
XP Pro 64 bit OS

Matt

It is true, we are coordinating for a release in March. We should have more information for you next week.

Matt
Just because milk is white doesn't mean that clouds are made of milk.

buzzzzz1

8 Gig Corsair DDR2 6400
XP Pro 64 bit OS

Mohawk20

Didn't sound like he was happy to announce it this soon, but thanks for confirming Matt.

I won't be mad if you can't make the release date though, wasn't your idea to tell us already...
Howgh!

choronr

Hey! LA is only six hours away for me.

rcallicotte

Thanks Matt.  I agree with Mohawk.  Release dates are meant to be broken.  That's why I tend to give long projections and way out end-dates for my projects.  Rather tell them I'll be long and be short than visa versa.

Anyway, I like the mentality of 3DRealms - WHEN IT'S FINISHED.  No need to squabble over disagreements about this, since I know many don't agree with me already.  Anyway, COOL, COOL, COOL.

xfrog

Quote from: otakar on February 19, 2009, 11:54:06 PM

Press release, some free highend plants, are coming next week.  I placed some info, ihere, because i thought the users of the prerelease of TG2, would not only be excited to know that plants are coming, but that, they are paired with a release of TG2.  Matt fully supported me saying that.  We are meeting daily.  I thought it would be something good for you all, who have been very patient, to receive fresh info as it develops, rather than just point you towards a press release. 

Questions/requests ?

rcallicotte

@xfrog - Should we just wait to see a catalog of the new goods with prices or could we maybe get an idea or two.   :P

I can wait.  Just asking.  LOL

@Matt - Can we expect some changes with the Gold release?