xFrog Single Package Purchases...?

Started by rcallicotte, February 02, 2009, 12:34:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

choronr

Quote from: calico on February 20, 2009, 09:39:45 PM
@xfrog - Should we just wait to see a catalog of the new goods with prices or could we maybe get an idea or two.   :P

I can wait.  Just asking.  LOL

@Matt - Can we expect some changes with the Gold release?
He said "a release' not 'the release'; although I hope it is the 'Gold'.

xfrog

@xfrog - Should we just wait to see a catalog of the new goods with prices or could we maybe get an idea or two.   :P

Will give away something highend shortly and see what forum users can do with it.  Maybe a competition, for free products, since the economic times are grim for some folks.   Press release next week will explain what's coming in TGO format.  Zero chance of launch date slippage.

otakar

Some strong words, xfrog. Ok, we shall see. If this really happens this soon, it'll be huge (including this new Greenworks-Planetside alliance).

sjefen

Quote from: xfrog on February 20, 2009, 10:13:12 PM

Will give away something highend shortly and see what forum users can do with it.  Maybe a competition, for free products, since the economic times are grim for some folks.   Press release next week will explain what's coming in TGO format.  Zero chance of launch date slippage.

A competition for a free product would have been so cool :P

- Terje
ArtStation: https://www.artstation.com/royalt

AMD Ryzen Threadripper 1950X
128 GB RAM
GeForce RTX 3060 12GB

rcallicotte

Great and groovy.  Can't wait.  I'll be checking in frequently next week.

Thanks for more even more info.

Quote from: xfrog on February 20, 2009, 10:13:12 PM

So this is Disney World.  Can we live here?

Matt

Our release in March will be the 2.0 final release (the 'gold' release if that's what you want to call it).

These are just some of the improvements (more will be included in the final release):

Lots of bugs have been fixed. We're still bug fixing, however, and this process will continue after 2.0 for inclusion in further updates.

Some georeferencing capabilities, and automatic georeferencing for geotiffs that have as associated .tfw files. This works well with geotiff elevation data downloaded from http://seamless.usgs.gov/

Fixed some shader bugs. Improved quality of GI in clouds and atmospheres. Options to extend the region in which ray traced polygons are fully subdivided (affecting shadows and reflections).

Incremental saving for project files (adds a version number an increments it each time you save incremental). Some other saving options in Preferences.

The 3D Preview has quite a lot of new things. There's a compass to show heading, along with indicators to show where your sunlights are coming from. There's also a measuring tool for finding out the distance between points in the preview. Distance to camera is displayed in the 3D Preview Location window. You can now navigate/move the camera using the keyboard. Animated camera paths are shown in all previews which show the camera.

Some new features to copy and paste coordinates, altitude values and slope values from the 3D preview into parameters. Other copy and paste functionality for vector parameters (e.g. object positions) and drag-and-drop for colours into text files, or pasting into other applications.

There are now checks to stop circular paths being made in the node network. These could previously cause a crash.

Added some new button icons, tweaked some old ones.

These are just some of the improvements which are already finished. We'll provide a more complete list soon.

If you still haven't pre-purchased a TG2 Deep license at $199 US (or $299 with animation), you're running out of time to get it at today's pre-release prices. The prices will increase with the final release of 2.0. Looking ahead, we would like to release a "Standard Edition" of Terragen 2 at a lower price, but we haven't started on that yet and do not have a schedule for release.

Matt
Just because milk is white doesn't mean that clouds are made of milk.

Mandrake

All right my incremental save request made it!! Thanks Mat. :) Lot's of nice stuff there Mat!! wahooo!!

Cyber-Angel

I suppose with the inclusion of incremental saving on the cards for the gold release, I shall ask the question that normally comes up on forums when software gets this feature: and that is in two parts.

Firstly: is it planned at some point to allow user selection of the incremental save time with some kind of preference option with a selection of save time presets for which the user can select, and functionality to go back to the default schema if required.

Secondly: is the issue of user definable incremental save naming, [if not already implemented] it would be vary useful if users could set their own file name and/ or file path location for the incremental save this would be important in production houses that have their own naming conventions for projects and for users that have small render networks at home.  Sorry to be off topic.

Regards to you.

Cyber-Angel  ;D     

rcallicotte

Thanks Matt.  Lots of cool improvements, which all show you've paid attention to our requests - even our least tactful and more demanding requests.

Can't wait.
So this is Disney World.  Can we live here?

choronr

Thanks Matt; some look at this as the final release - but no; like the earliest automobile, it will go on and keep getting better and better.

cyphyr

Excelent and exciting news, glad my compass request made it lol.
cyphyr
www.richardfraservfx.com
https://www.facebook.com/RichardFraserVFX/
/|\

Ryzen 9 5950X OC@4Ghz, 64Gb (TG4 benchmark 4:13)

SilverCity

Quote from: Matt on February 21, 2009, 09:00:19 PM
If you still haven't pre-purchased a TG2 Deep license at $199 US (or $299 with animation), you're running out of time to get it at today's pre-release prices. The prices will increase with the final release of 2.0.

Have you decided on a deadline for last day for pre-purchasing? Also, what's the retail price for T2 once it's released?

Matt

We'll reveal those things soon, in advance of the actual release.

Matt
Just because milk is white doesn't mean that clouds are made of milk.

SilverCity

Thanks, Matt. Still on the fence here, but I don't want to miss out on my chance to pre-purchase.

reck

Quote from: SilverCity on February 22, 2009, 04:30:06 AM
Thanks, Matt. Still on the fence here, but I don't want to miss out on my chance to pre-purchase.

Man how can you be on the fence with software like this. The first time I used it I was addicted and ordered it within a number of hours. I've been using it ever since and look forward to the 2.0 release.

Quick get in there and get the pre-release price before its to late. ;D