xFrog Single Package Purchases...?

Started by rcallicotte, February 02, 2009, 12:34:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

sjefen

Quote from: AndyWelder on March 01, 2009, 08:36:15 AM
Quote from: Matt on February 20, 2009, 11:16:43 AM
It is true, we are coordinating for a release in March. We should have more information for you next week.

Matt

XFrog and Planetside should synchronize their time tables or we're ending with a release date of April 1st :P

XFrog and Planetside should be partners so we could have a buildt-in "plant modeling software" in Terragen 2 :)

- Terje
ArtStation: https://www.artstation.com/royalt

AMD Ryzen Threadripper 1950X
128 GB RAM
GeForce RTX 3060 12GB

Seth

Quote from: sjefen on March 01, 2009, 01:03:54 PM

XFrog and Planetside should be partners so we could have a buildt-in "plant modeling software" in Terragen 2 :)

- Terje

yeah ^^
and a better objects preview too

buzzzzz1

Quote from: Seth on March 01, 2009, 01:05:49 PM
Quote from: sjefen on March 01, 2009, 01:03:54 PM

- Terje

yeah ^^
and a better objects preview too

Yeah, like in Vue.
XFX 750i SLI  nFORCE Mobo
Intel Core2 Duo E8400 3.00 GHz Wolfdale
8 Gig Corsair DDR2 6400
Nvidia GForce 9600 GSO 768 MB
XP Pro 64 bit OS

Seth

chromecity

Hey Stewart, long time no hear.  Hope all is going well with you.  That was some nice genie you uncorked in here.  :)

I've got some 2.0 XfrogPlants libraries - will those be at all useful with Terragen2, or will there be some way to convert them?  Sorry if this is something I should already know - I just bought TG2 yesterday and am still waiting for a registration key to get sent to me.  (Anyone know how long that usually takes?  It's been about 36 hours and I'm chomping at the bit to break out of that 800x600 limitation).   ;)
Regards,

Jeff Andrews
Chrome City Studios / FX Models

Oshyan

Xfrog's current library can already be used with TG2. The OBJ format works well and TG2 has been designed to load them with proper scale when the right options are chosen during the object loading process (you'll be prompted for that).

Key files are currently generated and sent out manually. We have a bit of a backlog because our usual registration handler is on a short vacation, but we're working to clear it and you should receive your key very soon.

- Oshyan

chromecity

Thanks for all the info, Oshyan.  :)

EDIT: Hey, look what's in the mail.  Thanks for the key file.  8)
Regards,

Jeff Andrews
Chrome City Studios / FX Models

xfrog

Quote from: chromecity on March 05, 2009, 12:03:48 AM
Hey Stewart, long time no hear.  Hope all is going well with you.  That was some nice genie you uncorked in here.  :)

I've got some 2.0 XfrogPlants libraries - will those be at all useful with Terragen2, or will there be some way to convert them?  Sorry if this is something I should already know - I just bought TG2 yesterday and am still waiting for a registration key to get sent to me.  (Anyone know how long that usually takes?  It's been about 36 hours and I'm chomping at the bit to break out of that 800x600 limitation).   ;)

XfrogPlants 2.0 DVDs contain OBJ.    OBJ -> TG2

if you want to edit the XFR procedural models(change branching, etc),
or create new plants:

Xfrog 3.5 -> OBJ -> TG2
Xfrog 4.3 Maya -> OBJ -> TG2
Xfrog 4.3 C4D -> OBJ -> TG2

xfrog

Quote from: buzzzzz1 on February 27, 2009, 09:04:57 AM
Quote from: xfrog on February 20, 2009, 09:09:46 PM
Quote from: otakar on February 19, 2009, 11:54:06 PM
Wait a second! Is this it? The big announcement everyone has been waiting for? And it comes from who? Xfrog? Buried in a thread about xfrog products? I find that more than a bit curious. And I am not surprised people are questioning which year in March this is supposed to occur with this track record.  :-\ Matt, Oshyan, anyone?

Press release, some free highend plants, are coming next week.  I placed some info, ihere, because i thought the users of the prerelease of TG2, would not only be excited to know that plants are coming, but that, they are paired with a release of TG2.  Matt fully supported me saying that.  We are meeting daily.  I thought it would be something good for you all, who have been very patient, to receive fresh info as it develops, rather than just point you towards a press release. 

Questions/requests ?

According to this we should have some "free highend plants" by the end of Saturday, which is tomorrow.  Right?

Is it saturday yet or can i dream. TGO format is in flux.  Defer to the release date the free items. 

Mohawk20

Quote from: xfrog on March 05, 2009, 06:05:22 PM
Is it saturday yet or can i dream. TGO format is in flux.  Defer to the release date the free items. 

Wait. Are you saying that planetside is messing with the TGO format, changing stuff? Or is your release not going as smoothly as planned? Just so we're clear on what the problem is...
Howgh!

Mandrake

That's funny Mohawk. ;) Did you expect another change in tg2 announced from xfrog. ;)
I hope not!
Sounds like they are deciding how to tgo them, not to many people get it right the first time.

xfrog

Quote from: Mohawk20 on March 05, 2009, 07:36:15 PM

Wait. Are you saying that planetside is messing with the TGO format, changing stuff? Or is your release not going as smoothly as planned? Just so we're clear on what the problem is...

There is no problem. TGO enhanced in release of TG2.  Old TGO work fine.  Our content is in "release" TGO.   Everyone okay ?

xfrog

Quote from: Mohawk20 on March 05, 2009, 07:36:15 PM

P.S. Matt, i vote we open a new discussion topic called Release TG2  instead of this buried inside "Xfrog Single Pack Purchases.."

buzzzzz1

Quote from: xfrog on February 19, 2009, 08:44:25 PM
Quote from: buzzzzz1 on February 19, 2009, 08:08:04 PM
They didn't say March of what year?  LOL  ;)

you so funny.

we may also have a los angeles launch party if enough people have interest

Me so true.
XFX 750i SLI  nFORCE Mobo
Intel Core2 Duo E8400 3.00 GHz Wolfdale
8 Gig Corsair DDR2 6400
Nvidia GForce 9600 GSO 768 MB
XP Pro 64 bit OS

Seth

that's strange that we don't have those freeeee plants yet considering that was xfrog that forced Planetside to announce their release...
maybe they wait for the "final" final release...