"Canyon scenes pack" for TG2

Started by lucbianco, February 06, 2009, 05:43:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

lucbianco

Hi

That's very interesting.. I have render the scene with latest alpha version.. maybe there are some differences in rendering. If it is the case I am not sure to can manage all versions of TGD ;) I hope you can understand that...  Could you show me the result with your PC (without postwork)?

Regarding postprocessing there is some contrast/luminosity adjustment, sure..

But I will mention on my website that renders could differ a bit from renders example.

luc

Quote from: Tangled-Universe on February 11, 2009, 09:32:47 AM
Hi Luc,

Nice to see you have plans offering more of your work.

I have a question regarding the Canyon Pack I've purchased:
It seems like you've provided an other tgd of this scene than the one which is being depicted.
First of all the displacements look different, especially near the ground. Secondly, I can imagine that some images undergo post-processing for colors/contrasts etc., but first of all I can't get nowhere the same colors, although I'm quite experienced. It also seems some layers are missing, like the sand on the stratalayers to the right.

Did you include the wrong tgd by accident or am I doing something wrong with your file?
I think when it comes to selling stuff it is important to sell "what you see is what you get". No pun intended of course, just wondering.
Thanks in advance :)

Martin

Tangled-Universe

Of course Luc, I'll send the result to you tonight when I'm back from work.

Regards,
Martin

Quote from: lucbianco on February 11, 2009, 10:00:11 AM
Hi

That's very interesting.. I have render the scene with latest alpha version.. maybe there are some differences in rendering. If it is the case I am not sure to can manage all versions of TGD ;) I hope you can understand that...  Could you show me the result with your PC (without postwork)?

Regarding postprocessing there is some contrast/luminosity adjustment, sure..

But I will mention on my website that renders could differ a bit from renders example.

luc

Quote from: Tangled-Universe on February 11, 2009, 09:32:47 AM
Hi Luc,

Nice to see you have plans offering more of your work.

I have a question regarding the Canyon Pack I've purchased:
It seems like you've provided an other tgd of this scene than the one which is being depicted.
First of all the displacements look different, especially near the ground. Secondly, I can imagine that some images undergo post-processing for colors/contrasts etc., but first of all I can't get nowhere the same colors, although I'm quite experienced. It also seems some layers are missing, like the sand on the stratalayers to the right.

Did you include the wrong tgd by accident or am I doing something wrong with your file?
I think when it comes to selling stuff it is important to sell "what you see is what you get". No pun intended of course, just wondering.
Thanks in advance :)

Martin

lucbianco

Btw could you tell me what release version you have ? (I used 1.10.27.0)

Hence I could try also on my side with same version

luc

Tangled-Universe

I'm using version 1.10.29, for now.

Quote from: lucbianco on February 11, 2009, 10:30:55 AM
Btw could you tell me what release version you have ? (I used 1.10.27.0)

Hence I could try also on my side with same version

luc

lucbianco

Hi

so you should have same result ...  we will compare tonight when you will send me the file.

thanks
luc

Tangled-Universe

lucbianco

Hi Martin

I agree there is a difference, mainly due to TGD version - I understood you speak about first picture, but it is the 3rd one. This one have been rendered with a previous TGD version (in February 2007) so I agree there are some big differences.

I will work on it to try to reproduce same surface rendered as in 2007 then I will send you the update (and to the few others people who have purchased the pack)

Until that, I have updated my site with the picture you sent me.

Both others scenes have been rendered with latest alpha so normally you should have same results!

Thanks and sorry for it ... I hope at least you can tell that there is a support on this pack ;)

Luc

rcallicotte

Thanks Luc...and thanks TU for your persistence.  Anyway, I know for sure we're getting good support, Luc, as well as something valuable from which to learn.
So this is Disney World.  Can we live here?

buzzzzz1

Ah, great! Then I can also expect an update?  Thanks
XFX 750i SLI  nFORCE Mobo
Intel Core2 Duo E8400 3.00 GHz Wolfdale
8 Gig Corsair DDR2 6400
Nvidia GForce 9600 GSO 768 MB
XP Pro 64 bit OS

Tangled-Universe

Thanks for looking into this Luc. Sorry that I wasn't clear about which picture in the first place.
I understand you don't have the original file of 2007 anymore.

As far as I've tested, I indeed get the same results for the other 2 scenes.
Looking forward to see your update on this and yes, there's indeed support, good! ;D

Cheers,
Martin

Quote from: lucbianco on February 11, 2009, 01:45:44 PM
Hi Martin

I agree there is a difference, mainly due to TGD version - I understood you speak about first picture, but it is the 3rd one. This one have been rendered with a previous TGD version (in February 2007) so I agree there are some big differences.

I will work on it to try to reproduce same surface rendered as in 2007 then I will send you the update (and to the few others people who have purchased the pack)

Until that, I have updated my site with the picture you sent me.

Both others scenes have been rendered with latest alpha so normally you should have same results!

Thanks and sorry for it ... I hope at least you can tell that there is a support on this pack ;)

Luc

lucbianco

Hi

I have improved the picture - I have sent  an email to all purchasers

It is not really possible to achieve exactly same result due to differnce in terragen 2 render engine - specially in Underlying feature

Here the result :

http://lucbianco.free.fr/canyon3.jpg

Cheers
luc

Tangled-Universe

Thanks for the effort Luc.
I understand you can't reproduce the old version due to changes in the intersect underlying feature.

If I have time this weekend I'll try to make an attempt myself of reproducing some of the features of your original version and will post it here if it is worth.
I'm rendering your second cayon at 3072x4096 now. Partially as a test for stability as well as it might make a nice photo in the corridor of my new house :)

Cheers,
Martin

lucbianco

Hi Martin

I plan also to make other tests to try to understand the differences and maybe find a workaround to obtain same picture (GI/displacement/colors variation..) but it is very tricky.

In the file I have sent you this morning you can see there is a new Underlying shader with values +0.1/-0.1. In original file there were values +2/-2 which seems give a too strong effect. You can try to play with these parameters.

Also you can try to add a new shader below this underlying shader with very a light sand color and limit it by slope in order to try to reproduce the deposit effect on the left part of old picture.

But I know, thanks to you, that if I release others scenes I will have to render them again ! (as I did with 2 first scenes in the pack)

Cheers
luc

rcallicotte

Thanks Luc.  I got your update this morning.
So this is Disney World.  Can we live here?

buzzzzz1

Same here, thanks Luc!   You're the Man!
XFX 750i SLI  nFORCE Mobo
Intel Core2 Duo E8400 3.00 GHz Wolfdale
8 Gig Corsair DDR2 6400
Nvidia GForce 9600 GSO 768 MB
XP Pro 64 bit OS