Top of the world ...

Started by DYN_DaTa, February 09, 2009, 01:29:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DYN_DaTa

My first newbie Terragen 2 work: 'Top of the world'.

90 minutes of rendering on a quad core machine with 4GB RAM using Terragen 2 free edition.

Yes, it contains many mistakes and i don't know how to achieve a crisper or sharper image while using haze and bluesky controls (any advice?); anyway, it was fun to play with cloud's height :).

Tangled-Universe

Well if this is really your first go at TG2 then you're creating expectations now :)
This looks very nice already. Like the realistic touch in the haze colours, it's slightly greenish at the horizon which looks very good.
Didn't reducing the haze and bluesky density clearup the image? I think reducing the haze density will do most of the trick.
The clouds look good. Maybe you can reduce its coverage and add another layer with taller clouds for variation.
Good work!

Martin

DYN_DaTa

Thanks for your words; being honest, I don't really know if i would be able to reproduce again several things of this image because it was too late when i finished it (4:30 AM) and, as i said before, i'm a complete newbie :).

I'll try haze controls until i can achieve a really clear and crisp image without postprocessing; that's my first goal while using Terragen.

rcallicotte

Beautiful image.  Good lighting.

Welcome to the forums.
So this is Disney World.  Can we live here?

mr-miley

I love the smell of caffine in the morning