Where's the Plants???

Started by buzzzzz1, February 10, 2009, 05:45:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Seth

hehehe good idea ! at least we'll have new vegetation ;)

rcallicotte

Lightning was so close to this.  Darn.  Darn.  Darn.

Quote from: buzzzzz1 on February 16, 2009, 10:50:08 AM
...maybe I'll invest in Xfrog and try my hand at it? 
So this is Disney World.  Can we live here?

buzzzzz1

Hey schmeerlap,   Did you ever get a response from Xfrog?  I haven't as of yet. 
XFX 750i SLI  nFORCE Mobo
Intel Core2 Duo E8400 3.00 GHz Wolfdale
8 Gig Corsair DDR2 6400
Nvidia GForce 9600 GSO 768 MB
XP Pro 64 bit OS

sjefen

Well as I said earlier. I never got any answer and that's is a really, really long time ago. I hope you guys do tho.

I also hope they make a Xfrog 4.0 Standalone. If they ever do, I'll buy it and make some plants for us :)

- Terje
ArtStation: https://www.artstation.com/royalt

AMD Ryzen Threadripper 1950X
128 GB RAM
GeForce RTX 3060 12GB

schmeerlap

Quote from: buzzzzz1 on February 17, 2009, 12:08:48 PM
Hey schmeerlap,   Did you ever get a response from Xfrog?  I haven't as of yet. 

Hi Jay
No I haven't had a reply to either of my emails to xFrog sales. I was going to wait a couple of days and send an email to Stewart McSherry as my next move, but seeing you've taken the initiative with that I won't bother now. Or, maybe I will if you don't get a response within the next day or two. I'll keep watching this space.

John
I hope I realise I don't exist before I apparently die.

buzzzzz1

Thanks for the update John. Well two days and no reply. Just went to the Xfrog site and clicked on the store and buy online. Seems that doesn't reply either??  OK, I see it this way, I don't know exactly the price of a CD full of xfrog plants but I know it's several hundred dollars. Why would I spend a couple hundred dollars with a company that doesn't reply to emails and has a online store that doesn't seem to work??  Apparently they are independently wealthy and don't need the business.  With the world economy the way it is, seems to me they would be a little more attentive to potential customers. At this point I don't think I want to deal with a company like this. Unbelievable!! 
8 Gig Corsair DDR2 6400
XP Pro 64 bit OS

mr-miley

Hmmmm......

Quick enough to moan about their content being lifted though  ;D
I love the smell of caffine in the morning

buzzzzz1

Quote from: mr-miley on February 18, 2009, 10:35:04 AM
Hmmmm......

Quick enough to moan about their content being lifted though  ;D

No kidding about that!

I tell ya, I think Klas should focus on creating plants because His/Her's are by far the best I've worked with. Instead of asking for donations they could open a store and be busy I'm sure.   
8 Gig Corsair DDR2 6400
XP Pro 64 bit OS

rcallicotte

I agree.  Klas should consider a storefront. 

Removed useless rhetoric...the BLAH, BLAH, BLAH.

Lightning's work was great and his models changed our renders.  Hope he reappears.

I now know what's up and can't wait.   ;D

[edited on Friday night, 2/20/2009]

Seth

Quote from: calico on February 18, 2009, 02:17:55 PM

It seems like Planetside would benefit from making some deals with some company for objects for their product rather than wait for this sort of scenario.

I agree with this statement... it will be a great improvement to TG2

schmeerlap

Keeping you updated on the xfrog plant package scenario. I have sent the following message to Stewart Mcsherry this morning in a latest bid to extract some kind of response from xfrog.

"Hi Stewart

My name is John Robertson and I get a great deal of pleasure using Terragen2. The one area where it lags behind other 3d scene generating applications is quality foliage content. You mentioned in a recent comment on the Planetside Forum how you were supportive of Terragen2, and indeed you did provide a free sampler at the launch of the Terragen beta version. In that same comment you made reference to a package od DVDs with further foliage content for Terragen - here is what you said:

"the news from us - please look very shortly for all our models in TG2 format as a set of lowcost DVDs.  it has been slow coming but it will be out in January.
We have been very supportive of Terragen, and close friends with Matt, and we want to see everyone able to easily use our models inside Terragen."

Your sales team and yourself personnaly have been contacted by myself and at least one other member of the Planetside Forum in the past week or so enquiring about this package of foliage content which you indicated would be out in January. However, there have been no replies to our email enquiries, nor any response elsewhere by yourself or any member of the xfrog sales team regarding these enquiries.

I would be grateful if you could put an end to this silence. I'm sure you have your reasons for this unresponsive behaviour, but I think it would at least be courteous of you to respond, even if it is to say you are still working on this project, or that you have reconsidered its feasibility.

Your non-response to the recent enquiries made is typically the way businesses of doubtful repute behave when confronted with difficult questions. I am not suggesting you fall into this category, but am simply bringing to your attention how this non-response of yours may be seen by potential customers.

Yours faithfully

John Robertson"

No-one can hear a plaintive email scream in cyberspace.

John

latego

Greenworks has almost a monopoly in the plant generation business, so they are completely free from the need of behaving kindly with those pesky customers...

I advise you to check Arbaro (get the .PDF of the paper on which it is based, otherwise you wont understand anything!) or ngPlant (there are some tutorials in Blender related forums/websites). For Ivy, there is the well known Ivy Generator. All these programs are not evenly remotely in the same league as XFrog, but at least they are free.

Bye!!!

schmeerlap

At last. Persistence does have its rewards.

John

rcallicotte

What are you talking about?

I just read the announcement in the Terragen Forum.  Groovy. 

Quote from: schmeerlap on February 19, 2009, 07:59:21 PM
At last. Persistence does have its rewards.

John

D.A. Bentley (SuddenPlanet)

Seems xFrog is still practicing their old ways of being non-responsive.  Any suggestions?

I'm excited about a new Modo plugin I have seen called Tropism, and also have been using SpeedTree. 

-Derek