Where's the Plants???

Started by buzzzzz1, February 10, 2009, 05:45:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

leafspring

Quote from: Tangled-Universe on February 11, 2009, 01:36:29 PM
I'm not into that computer-talk-thingy...so didn't realize 1337 is 'leet' and what does it actually mean?
leet is a short form of the word elite most used by pseudo hackers who think they are cool (and elite, obviously).
It also stands for a kind of deformation of the English language, the so-called leetspeak. The ordinary charakters are replaced with similar looking ASCII symbols. 1 = l, 3 = e and so on. This way the uber elite hack0rz can chat with each other without everybody understanding them. Did I mention they feel very cool and elite in doing so?^^

50 1f y0u 533 50m37h1n6 |1k3 7h15, y0u 4r3 3xp3r13nc1n6 |3375p34k. :P
Lang lang er vejen for Aslaug
Længe venter lykken på Kraka

Seth

!t w0rk5 1n fr3nc]-[ t00 !
t]-[3r3 !s 1337 3v3ryw]-[3r3...
64m3r5 l4n6u463...

rcallicotte

Yeah, but where's the plants?
So this is Disney World.  Can we live here?

leafspring

Lang lang er vejen for Aslaug
Længe venter lykken på Kraka

Tangled-Universe

Thanks for the explanation :)

Like Calico said: let's get back to the plants!

Martin

schmeerlap

leet: a court formerly held at regular intervals by the lords of certain English manors.
leet (Scotland): a list of applicants or candidates for a post or office.
ergo
Either you've done something wrong, or you're being considered for a position at Planetside.

John
I hope I realise I don't exist before I apparently die.

schmeerlap

Okay; back to the plants. I've just sent an email to Xfrog (sales@xfrog.com) making an enquiry about the announced plants.

"Could you give me a progress report on the DVDs of plants you are making for Terragen2 (tgo format). In a previous announcement on Planetside Forums you indicated they would be available in January."

John

Tangled-Universe

Good work John, I'm curious how fast they will respond and what they will say.

Perhaps we should spam them about it :p lol

Martin

sjefen

I have sendt Xfrog some emails before. I never got any answer. It was about something else, but still.

- Terje
ArtStation: https://www.artstation.com/royalt

AMD Ryzen Threadripper 1950X
128 GB RAM
GeForce RTX 3060 12GB

schmeerlap

I have not yet received a response from xfrog regarding the announced DVDs of tgo plants. So I have contacted them again this morning with the following message:

"On the 12th of February I contacted you (sales@xfrog.com) with the following request:

"Could you give me a progress report on the DVDs of plants you are making for Terragen2 (tgo format). In a previous announcement on Planetside Forums you indicated they would be available in JanuaryCould you give me a progress report on the DVDs of plants you are making for Terragen2 (tgo format). In a previous announcement on Planetside Forums you indicated they would be available in January."

(a) Did you receive this message? (It appears to have been sent successfully from my end.)
(b) If you did, why didn't you respond by way of reply?

It would be courteous if you could respond (reply) to my request this time.

Thank you
JohnRobertson"

I added my email address at the bottom of my message in case they are unaware of or are unable to use their Reply To Sender button.

John

Tangled-Universe

Thanks for the initiative John, looking forward to see where they come up with...I bet they don't have them yet and that it will take a looong time. But, we'll see :)

Martin

rcallicotte

Maybe (wishful thinking on my part, perhaps)...just maybe xFrog is working to get these trees to us when the new Planetside site is revealed or when bigger publicity begins to happen for TG2.

buzzzzz1

I just sent an email to Stewart at greenworks. Since he is the one that made the announcement. Perhaps he will reply?  Below is the email copy

Hi,

A while back you made an announcement that Greenworks was working on several small packages of plants for TG2 that you would be offering in Jan of this year. Well the troops are getting restless as to where they are?  Any updates I can share with the forum or would you please reply to this thread at planetside forum?  http://forums.planetside.co.uk/index.php?topic=5685.0  Thanks for your cooperation!

Jay Testerman
XFX 750i SLI  nFORCE Mobo
Intel Core2 Duo E8400 3.00 GHz Wolfdale
8 Gig Corsair DDR2 6400
Nvidia GForce 9600 GSO 768 MB
XP Pro 64 bit OS

rcallicotte

Very professional, Jay.  Thanks for looking out for us.

Maybe someone in Greenworks will realize they have a market here, though not huge (for now).

buzzzzz1

Well, look at it this way. There are 5514 Members signed up at this Forum, right.  So, if greenworks was able to sell a 20 Dollar package to only half the members/users that would be $55,140.00   I wouldn't mind that extra income. Damn, maybe I'll invest in Xfrog and try my hand at it? 
XFX 750i SLI  nFORCE Mobo
Intel Core2 Duo E8400 3.00 GHz Wolfdale
8 Gig Corsair DDR2 6400
Nvidia GForce 9600 GSO 768 MB
XP Pro 64 bit OS