Mt Rainier-Final

Started by darthvader, February 11, 2009, 12:48:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

darthvader

I'm done with this project for now, time to move onto something else. Minor adjustments of curves, levels, and shadows/highlights in photoshop.

Detail: .85
AA: 6
GI: 1/1
Rendertime: 10 hours 21 minutes

[attachthumb=#]

Tangled-Universe

I like it! Looks quite natural to me, am sure a "non-TG-aware" person wouldn't distinguish it from real :)

sanosoke

well, I don't know if you want constructive crits, but since you're posting it here, I assume it's still ok.

The major thing that I think makes this lose its realism in the size of the trees. They would most likely be a lot smaller, or rather, they are smaller in the photos from about this height that I've looked at. Also, having some of the trees sitting on the snow looks a little weird, I would still consider the space between snow and trees, but just make it a little more subtle than before.
Lastly, the snow on Rainier is a lot smoother than this here.

All of these things take away from the grandness of the render (and subject)
I would also add more haze, since the background mountains look pretty clear in focus, and perhaps drop the sun down a little bit but boost the strength of the light emitted to allow the snow to look like it's reflecting the sun a little (brighten it up a bit)

I know you're finished with this one, but with a few 'artistic' tweaks I think this could be a really nice image, but right now it's a bit more of a nice reproduction with some flaws that let it down.