HELP ME KEEP TERRAGEN 2 OFF THE WAREZ SITES

Started by dublin, February 17, 2009, 08:11:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

dublin

for the past year i have been fighting a losing battle with the cyber pirates to get Terragen 2 of websites such as rapidshare mediafire megaupload letbit etc,
today i took down 5 links to Terragen 2 deep edition and It will only be a couple of weeks before more fresh links pop back up on the warez sites, so I need a loyal group of guys (loyal to planetside) to help me keep Terragen of the warez sites, (at the moment terragen is not located on any torrent sites just warez sites (for now ::) :-[)
here is what im talking about
http://vipwarez.net/main/soft/3846-terragen-2-technology-preview-5-deep.html
don't try and download this as the link does not work anymore
currently im only working on getting the terragen 2 deep edition links of the net
if someone could do the terragen .9.43 links that would be really handy

if you are interested give me an email @
dublin303@gmail.com
or pm me
and i will give you the details on how you can get these links down.

p.s
do not post live links in this thread to terragen 2 deep

Tangled-Universe

Hmmm...I see they use one of my works as a kind of show-off.
Usually I wouldn't mind of course, but in this context? No.

Don't get me wrong, I think you're being very altruistic and sincere about this, but what's your interest in this if I may ask?
Of course, this is piracy and it is a bad thing, but it would never come into my mind to take actions by my own, honestly.

However, I'd find it interesting to know how you can get links down. My e-mail is in my profile.

Martin

al91

huh... i thought it cant be pirated? cos planetside gives the serial through email right?

cyphyr

Err, umm I dont really believe this.

Its not possible to take down a link you dont have admin rights over, simply cant be done.

With just one post and no history I think "dublin" would like us to provide him with a working link to a download of Terragen. Of course just so he could remove it ... (bacon's gona get pricey though !  ;D)

Silly game :(  :-[  >:(

richard

Oh and Lock this please
www.richardfraservfx.com
https://www.facebook.com/RichardFraserVFX/
/|\

Ryzen 9 5950X OC@4Ghz, 64Gb (TG4 benchmark 4:13)

Tangled-Universe

Quote from: cyphyr on February 18, 2009, 07:13:39 AM
Err, umm I dont really believe this.

Its not possible to take down a link you dont have admin rights over, simply cant be done.

With just one post and no history I think "dublin" would like us to provide him with a working link to a download of Terragen. Of course just so he could remove it ... (bacon's gona get pricey though !  ;D)

Silly game :(  :-[  >:(

richard

Oh and Lock this please

Yeah perhaps, though I would obviously not provide him with any kind of that information.

We'll see if he responds, or not :)

neuspadrin

does sound fishy, as even if you asked most warez or torrent sites to take down a torrent, do you really think the admins will so "oh wow, i didnt realize that warez was illegal!?! itll come down immediately, even though you are contacting me about something that isn't yours and have no legal rights or powers"

mhmmm... I took a quick browsing just outa curiosity just now and only things I've seen are origional .9 cracks, not any tg2.  most the tg2 are just the normal one (and the old old tech preview version, not beta), and people going "were's the registration?"

which makes me happy :P

And even if tg2 ends up on the net, if we simply report it to planetside (not to this guy), and perhaps even download it and send its registration file to planetside, that should be more then enough for them to sort it out and deal with whoever was leaking it to the net.

The glory of how their registration works ;) the whole, its got your name right on it.  And as far as I know tg2 will fly low enough on the radar where other work arounds and cracks wont be as popular for it as it isnt something like 3dsmax.

Its also helped by the fact most people probably just use the free version and are happy with it, as its a very nice thing.

urban_rebellion

rapidshare and megaupload allow you to report a link as warez/illegal and they will nullify the link. so although the webmaster of a warez site wont take the link down, by reporting it direct to rapidshare they kill the link and the warez site is left with a link to nothing - frustrating for them! so i dont see how the OP could be fishing for warez versions of TG when he's just asking everyone to keep an eye out for (and report) illegal links as it seems members above were suggesting (im looking at you cyphyr).

If anything Id say he spent a whole lotta dough on his own liscense and doesnt like the idea of pirates using it for free (not the swashbuckling type of pirates though, i dont think they have computers).

PG

Well sites like Megaupload do actually say in their terms of use that they don't condone or permit uploading software illegally. All you'd have to do is go to report abuse and tell the administrators about it and the link's gone. Unfortunately TG2 has made it's way onto the gnutella and bittorrent networks before. This is almost impossible to hit. The only way you can stop that (because the admins of those sites don't believe it's illegal) is to download them and then sabotage the files that you seed.
and al91 is right, you need the serial from PS as it's not created by the program itself, it's done by jmclusky. Someone must've bought it then made a torrent for it.

Edit: @urban_rebellion: ever heard of a guilt trip? A woman named karen matthews kidnapped her own daughter. She then went on TV and pleaded with the "kidnappers" to bring her little girl back.
However, if he's noble in his intentions then I'll keep a wary eye out but it seems to me that if he paid $299 for it he'd spend more time with the program than being an internet vigilante
Figured out how to do clicky signatures

rcallicotte

This is all a load of crap.  I wouldn't help anyone do anything.  Let Planetside worry about their rights while you don't do anything illegal.  I'd leave this alone.

So this is Disney World.  Can we live here?

cyphyr

Quote from: urban_rebellion on February 18, 2009, 08:31:27 AM
as it seems members above were suggesting (im looking at you cyphyr).

You got my subtle nod then :)

richard

ps: good call calico
www.richardfraservfx.com
https://www.facebook.com/RichardFraserVFX/
/|\

Ryzen 9 5950X OC@4Ghz, 64Gb (TG4 benchmark 4:13)

urban_rebellion

Quote from: PG on February 18, 2009, 08:32:10 AM
Edit: @urban_rebellion: ever heard of a guilt trip? A woman named karen matthews kidnapped her own daughter. She then went on TV and pleaded with the "kidnappers" to bring her little girl back.
However, if he's noble in his intentions then I'll keep a wary eye out but it seems to me that if he paid $299 for it he'd spend more time with the program than being an internet vigilante

I dont get the point of that guilt trip...maybe im just naive but why would anyone kidnap their own baby? is she going to pay herself the reward? (im probably being thick here but humor me) But i agree that if I could afford the deep edition Id be spending time using it, not posting about warez lol.

Quote from: cyphyr on February 18, 2009, 08:41:25 AM
Quote from: urban_rebellion on February 18, 2009, 08:31:27 AM
as it seems members above were suggesting (im looking at you cyphyr).

You got my subtle nod then :)

richard

ps: good call calico

nice  ;D

buzzzzz1

Why would anyone download TG from a hack/wares site when you can download it from Planetside's main site?  And I doubt that a cracked key file would work either. Dunno??  Maybe this person works for Matt?   ;) Undercover, eh?
XFX 750i SLI  nFORCE Mobo
Intel Core2 Duo E8400 3.00 GHz Wolfdale
8 Gig Corsair DDR2 6400
Nvidia GForce 9600 GSO 768 MB
XP Pro 64 bit OS

Tangled-Universe

Quote from: buzzzzz1 on February 18, 2009, 09:16:55 AM
Why would anyone download TG from a hack/wares site when you can download it from Planetside's main site?  And I doubt that a cracked key file would work either. Dunno??  Maybe this person works for Matt?   ;) Undercover, eh?

Ohhh Jay, conspiracy! Yes! ;D

dublin

I have my own fully licenced copy of terragen 2
and this cracked copy works just as good as my bought version the sad thing is that you can update it through the program update.
most of these file hosting websites have an abuse contact so just email them your complaint and they will take it the link down within 24 hours

and why is everyone being such a bitch about me trying to help out a small company like planetside? most of you people seem to think aw fuck it I bought my copy of terragen 2 let planetside deal with the warez not stopping to think that every time a person downloads terragen 2 from rapidshare planetside looses 300 usd, and where do you think planetside spends their money, buying candy? no they pay their coders to improve terragen 2 and if matt can't pay his programmer what will happen to terragen 2 ill let you smart ass's think that through

the point in me doing this is I have used terragen for about 10 years I have bought both copies legally and it pisses me of when i see people getting it for free so I want to try and keep my favourite program piracy free. the reason I didnt want to post how i take these links off the web is that it reveals how you can obtain a full version of terragen 2 deep beta!
anyway thanks urban_rebellion you seem the only person here who is not totally ignorant..........

urban_rebellion

Just as i thought dublin...I posted pretty much the exact reasons you just stated above. clever me  :D