Daydreams of Spring Break

Started by neuspadrin, March 01, 2009, 10:05:48 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

neuspadrin

Inspired after a rainy day, and a way too long of week of classes, with wishes spring break was here already....

Just one more week....

thanks to Mr. Miley and Harvey Birdman for the palms.

Full render was 1680x1050, available on deviantart (http://neuspadrin.deviantart.com/art/Daydreams-of-Spring-Break-114514550)

rcallicotte

Hope you enjoy it.

Sun and clouds are pretty good, but I can wish for more wisps there.  Lighting is very good.  Palm trees are a little cookie-cutter and the sand looks already played in.
So this is Disney World.  Can we live here?

Seth

nice colour and i like the light...

mt_sabao

great mood. the sand could be a bit more sandy, a bit of fake stones with really small scale?

domdib

Nice clouds. If anything, the whole image is a little too sharp, and might benefit from one of the softer AA filters, or, if you have some more time, some DOF wizardry.

jo

Hi,

Just thought I'd point something out about the sand texture. That's the texture of sand which has had a lot of people walking on it :-). The beaches where I used to live usually didn't have many people and were generally much smoother. Of course you would see it at more popular beaches, but I didn't really click to what it was until I went to LA. To me that looks like a beach where everyone has just gone home, which perhaps is what you were going for :-).

Anyway, random sand fact, have a good time on break :-). Kind of annoyed about people going on Spring Break when we haven't really had a proper summer here yet!

Regards,

Jo

reck

Nice image although the reflection of the sun seems very narrow compared to the size of the sun.

neuspadrin

actually i noticed that too, the size setting of the sun doesn't seem to effect the size of the reflection.

also, now the image is metally keeping me toasty as i spend a day sludging through inches of snow to school.  At least there was a 2 hour delay, allowing the roads to get clear enough to where i could drive... After spending quite awhile getting ~1 inch of iceysnow and ~2 inches of snow off the car.

Mohawk20

Quote from: neuspadrin on March 02, 2009, 12:04:59 PM
the size setting of the sun doesn't seem to effect the size of the reflection.

Nope, you'd have to change some settings in the reflections tab of the water shader...
Howgh!

neuspadrin

ah, ill have to dig through and see if i can find that if i decide to rerender.  been thinking of maybe turning it wip and fixing up the small little details for a nice finished version.

really just made it as a i have a little free time and wanted to do something. mostly playing with atmosphere colors and getting a color feel to it i liked.

which settings need to be modified? and to what degrees of change?

ahh, min highlight spread.

i might do a new render based mostly off this scene, keeping mostly the sky the same, but building a better beach, smooth down the sand a little, give it the grainyness, mess with the water waves, and fix the size of the reflection of the sun from the small skinny to the larger reflection.