New benchmark scene and site!

Started by Oshyan, February 28, 2009, 03:04:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Oshyan

You can enter in your own values on the benchmark site and it should save them as new.

The 2600 will clock up to 3.8Ghz when only running on a single core and it can vary the clock dynamically. So 3.8 might be reported in BIOS because only 1 core (or less, really) is in use. When you viewed the Windows system info it might have been running a minor load and been clocked at 3.7 or something. Would be interesting to see if it reports 3.7Ghz while rendering in TG though.

A more full-featured app like CPU-Z would tell you what your CPU was clocked at with greater detail and certainty.

- Oshyan

:)

this not be working, cannot make register. bad site info?
say this: Fatal error: Allowed memory size of 67108864 bytes exhausted (tried to allocate 94 bytes) in /home/benchweb/public_html/sapphire/core/model/DataObject.php on line 2758

Oshyan

Hmm, that's strange. Can you try again? Anyone else seeing this problem?

- Oshyan

pixelmesh.studio

hi, my name is christian. i'm new here and in the world of terragen.  ;)

my question: is the bechmarktest released immediately when i  enter it, or released the admin the data after saving the results?

Oshyan

It should be immediate unless the system or another user flags it as suspicious.

- Oshyan

Goms

Just to add something: 6:38 on my new Desktop

specs:
CPU: Core i7 2600K @ 4.53 GHz (OC)
MB: Asus P8Z68-V LE
RAM: 16GB Corsair DDR3 1600
HDD: 120 GB Corsair Force 3 SSD
Graphics: Geforce GTX580
Quote from: FrankB
you're never going to finish this image ;-)

Oshyan

Very similar machine to me Goms, congrats on the new machine! It's a joy to work with TG on something like that. :)

- Oshyan

Goms

Thx!
Its quite amazing to see things render in no time compared to my old one. Any experience on how high you can go with the 2600K? I now have a base clock of 103 and the multiplier is set to 44. So far the maximum temperature stays at ~47C, the watercooling is quite effective and I'm concidering to go a little bit higher... :D

Oshyan

I am at 4.6Ghz, probably wouldn't go higher than that myself, but I've heard of people getting beyond there (4.8 at least).

- Oshyan

Goms

Good to know, i'll see how stable this clock is with a longer render. :)

freelancah

Cant seem to add a system or save anything, tried IE and Chrome.. anyways

P9X79 PRO
i7 3930k OC @ 4.7 Ghz (Running below 60 degrees with Corsair H80)
32GB DDR 1866 Mhz
2x 120 GB SSD Raid0

benchmark time 00:05:34

Bjur

Benchmarked too, just for fun, a hour ago or so. All @ default, tweaking would be cheating, right?  ;)

Got a warning at the standard subdiv cache at 400 MB but meh..

- Xeon E3-1240v2 @ 3744 MHz (bit OC´ed via BCLK at 104), temps ~41 max. (realtemp, + cpu-z)
- 16 GB RAM, 1333 9-9-9-24
- SSD HD (i think it´s all about CPU skills TG wise so..)

Benchmark time was 7:09 minutes.

I just bought recently a new Shuttle SH67H3 with an LGA 1155 MB for less then 200 € (v.2.0 MB is needed for Ivy CPUs) and will just throw that low energy consuming and low heat producing Xeon single server Ivy CPU into that Shuttle + some adds from what was left at home from my old system.
Curious then, what my cheap renderslave, named Franz, will achieve then with less, but faster RAM (7-7-7-21)..

If i can set up a complete remote control, im rly happy then.
There is nothing more annoying than a/your main PC system is hindered because of long time background renderings..
~ The annoying popularity of Vue brought me here.. ~

pauli

I am going to upgrade by PC soon. I thought that before I do that, it would be nice to run some Terragen benchmark with my old system so that I can compare how much improvement there is with new system.

I did Google search and found this thread. However, when I go to the address http://www.3dspeedmachine.com/, it only gives a login page. But I do not have account there, so I can not enter the site. There is no option to register a new account. How can I register?

--
Pauli

Oshyan

The site is currently down. Plans are to bring it back later this year, hopefully with all the old results intact, although they won't be as relevant anymore. I would suggest in the meantime to just pick a couple of your own scenes and render them on your current system, then re-render on your new one.

- Oshyan