New benchmark scene and site!

Started by Oshyan, February 28, 2009, 03:04:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Oshyan

That's a very nice result for a laptop! I think what you're seeing with the CPU utilization is probably inefficiencies in rendering process. At the end only one core is being utilized as the last tile is rendered, so I think that's to be expected.

- Oshyan

Ricowan

It's more of a mobile desktop than a laptop.  This thing doesn't work very well on my lap.  :D

I guess what was curious was the fact that none of the cores was at 100%, even though the image was still rendering.  Since it only happened during the instance rendering (the terrain was rendered already) hopefully that can help you guys narrow this down.  :)

motogp

My PC specs:
Intel Quad Core Q9650 at 3.0 Ghz (not overclocked). 2 GB Corsair Dominator and XFX 260 :D
at 640 x 480 -> 9 mins 40 sec YAY record :P
"The more you mess with it (software) , the more you learn"

reluctant_renderer

Here's my desktop: i7 920, Asus P6T motherboard, 6gb 1600mhz corsair DDR3 memory, windows 7 release candidate(build 7100), Nvidia Quadro FX580 video card, and a coolermaster case.
Took me 21:10(800x600 resolution) while cruising facebook, this forum, playing music from pandora, cruising a bunch of other sites, etc... never went over 53% on the processor or 33% on the memory.

Probably would cut time drastically if I just let it sit and render but the life/internet moves too fast for that.

Oshyan

Interesting results, but please don't enter anything that is not done using only the default settings in the benchmark TGD, and with no other major processes running. Otherwise it will skew the test data.

- Oshyan

elscorpio

Maybe this is the right place to post.

I am having trouble registrering at the benchmark site, every time i try, the fields with reg-info is rendered blank and nothing happens.

Oshyan

elscorpio

It seems to work fine, through the forum, perfect

I made another post, http://forums.planetside.co.uk/index.php?topic=6714.0

was not sure where to put it, but you are welcome to delete the above post at the link.

Thank you  ;D ;D ;D

George

Thank you!
I finally managed to register, and post some benchmarks. :)
((My result for the TG2 scene was 5m 14s...))

PG

My new Core 2 Quad got 10 minutes and 43 seconds :o So much faster than my 21 minute E8400
Figured out how to do clicky signatures

Thelby

I just tried to upload my results and nothing happened. The drop down menu for the OS is very hard to see, because only the first part of it shows up and I could not accurately point to my OS. Also, by DEFAULT RENDERER, do you mean the "Quick" Renderer or the "Full" Renderer. I used the "Full" because that would be a more accurate means to judge by. Mine is not to fast, but it much better than what my old DualCore would have done with it so I am happy.

Henry Blewer

I did not get very far using this. I was curious, but for me it's not an issue.
http://flickr.com/photos/njeneb/
Forget Tuesday; It's just Monday spelled with a T

Oshyan

Just load the scene and press the Render button on the top toolbar. That uses the "default" renderer (yes, it's the Full Render).

As for your problem of not being able to see the full text of the OS choices, that sounds like an example of an Internet Explorer browser issue, rather than a problem with the site. IE does not expand dropdown boxes to show full text, unlike pretty much every other browser around - Firefox, Chrome, Opera, Safari...

- Oshyan

Henry Blewer

I'll try it again. I have a couple days off coming up (need them, it's been a weird week) Let's see what this P4 HT can do. Only in the last few months has it shown any 'I'm giving it all she's got Captain!' on some new games.
http://flickr.com/photos/njeneb/
Forget Tuesday; It's just Monday spelled with a T

mani1602

my render takes 17m44s.
i have an intel core 2 duo E8400 on 3600 MHZ
windows xp home sp3
2 GB Ram DDR2 on 1066+ MHZ