New benchmark scene and site!

Started by Oshyan, February 28, 2009, 03:04:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TheBadger

Wow man, real cool. I like the usefulness of your ambition! Nice site.
It has been eaten.

microwar

Just tryed the benchmark on my AMD Athlon II X4 630 2.8GHz, 4 Gig ram, win7.
24:27s 980196 micro-triangles.

What dos threds do in tg?

Oshyan

Each additional thread splits the rendering of the image. You always want the number of threads to equal to or less than the number of actual CPU cores (or execution threads) you have available on your system. Never use more threads than the number of cores/cpu threads you have. The more threads you are able to use, the faster your renders will be, generally speaking. Most systems these days are dual core or quad core, so you can use 2-4 threads, depending on the system. Your X4 should I think have 4 cores.

- Oshyan

echrei

I've added systems in the past but have been unable to add my new system to the site. When I click submit, I get a window that says "Your system was not saved."

Also, when I choose my CPU model, it puts this under speed:
<br /> <b>Warning</b>:  include_once(/home/thrdspee/public_html/forum/SSI.php) [<a href='function.include-
once'>function.include-once</a>]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in
<b>/home/benchweb/public_html/ajax/processor_ajax.php</b> on line <b>2</b><br /> <br /> <b>Warning</b>: 
include_once() [<a href='function.include'>function.include</a>]: Failed opening
'/home/thrdspee/public_html/forum/SSI.php' for inclusion (include_path='.:/usr/share/php:/usr/share/pear') in
<b>/home/benchweb/public_html/ajax/processor_ajax.php</b> on line <b>2</b><br /> 3.33

I've changed that to my actual CPU speed but still cannot submit my machine.
15" MacBook Pro / 2.6GHz Penryn C2D / 4GB RAM / 500GB 7200RPM HDD / 8600M GT 512MB
Hackintosh / Dual X5680 @ 4.2GHz / 12GB RAM / 2TB HDD / GTX 480+260

Oshyan

I can't reproduce this issue at the moment so I'm really not sure what's going wrong. But we're moving the site to a completely new content management system in the near future, so it should resolve all this kind of stuff. If you can, keep an eye out for the new site (I'll probably mass mail the members to notify them of the update), and then enter your benchmark there. It will manage benchmark results much better than the current one anyway.

- Oshyan

Oshyan

New version of the benchmark site is up!
http://3dspeedmachine.com/benchmarks/render-times/terragen-2/default-renderer/
Now based on an all-new sweet CMS, new bench filtering tech, integrated forums, etc, etc. Perhaps most importantly, when you enter a benchmark result, you're given the option of specifying which version you used for the benchmark and then viewers can filter on that. In the near future we'll also be adding columns so you can view which version a benchmark was performed with, and thus compare across versions and systems.

More big plans for the future! :)

- Oshyan

cyphyr

Great, I do like the benchmark site, it helps see peoples renders in some kind of perspective. I dont remember too well but did not the last version also have a column for a user name?
cheers and thankyou
Richard
www.richardfraservfx.com
https://www.facebook.com/RichardFraserVFX/
/|\

Ryzen 9 5950X OC@4Ghz, 64Gb (TG4 benchmark 4:13)

Oshyan

Quote from: cyphyr on February 17, 2011, 04:21:24 AM
Great, I do like the benchmark site, it helps see peoples renders in some kind of perspective. I dont remember too well but did not the last version also have a column for a user name?
cheers and thankyou
Richard

Yes, it did. We'll be making some tweaks to the column display upcoming as there are other potentially useful data points to put on there.

- Oshyan

Tangled-Universe

The site somehow doesn't work well here, whatever browser I use.
Could someone post a direct link to the benchmark results page?
Thanks in advance :)

All of sudden it showed up! :)

Cheers,
Martin

jaf

I must be doing something wrong.  I check my TG2 version and it says "2.2.23.1".  I try a check for updates, and it says there are none.  The drop-down entry for the tg2 version on the benchmark page has three choices; 2.0.2.1, 2.3.6.0, and beta 1?  I can't seem to enter anything other than the three choices.

Am I missing something?
(04Dec20) Ryzen 1800x, 970 EVO 1TB M.2 SSD, Corsair Vengeance 64GB DDR4 3200 Mem,  EVGA GeForce GTX 1080 Ti FTW3 Graphics 457.51 (04Dec20), Win 10 Pro x64, Terragen Pro 4.5.43 Frontier, BenchMark 0:10:02

Oshyan

The version numbers are entered by users. Someone probably entered the wrong version (or is possibly using an alpha version). You should be able to add your own when you click Add/Edit Benchmarks (you must be registered and logged-in to do this). Simply fill in the right version number when you enter the benchmark results. I have gone ahead and added 2.2.23.1 already.

- Oshyan

jaf

Still having problems.  I log in and have the Terragen 2 Default Renderer page displayed.  I click the "Add/Edit Benchmarks" button and I get a "Save Benchmark" window but I can't type in the system field. The drop-down for that field offers up a blank, green filled line.  I can enter the time and software version fields, but a "Save" gives me a "System - required" message. ???
(04Dec20) Ryzen 1800x, 970 EVO 1TB M.2 SSD, Corsair Vengeance 64GB DDR4 3200 Mem,  EVGA GeForce GTX 1080 Ti FTW3 Graphics 457.51 (04Dec20), Win 10 Pro x64, Terragen Pro 4.5.43 Frontier, BenchMark 0:10:02

Oshyan

Ah, yeah you need to have added at least one System (computer profile/details) to your profile. This points out that it's not very clear at that point, so I'll make some changes. It's easy to add a system though. Just click the My Profile tab at top and then click Add System below, enter the details and save. Then you can add benchmarks for any app for that system. If you have multiple systems enter each one as a new system and then you can pick which system the benchmark was run on when you add a result.

- Oshyan

jaf

Thanks! That did it.  I thought I had already set up a system profile a while back, but I guess not.

Oshyan

Everything should have been migrated from the old site, but it's possible something was missed. In any case glad you got it working now and I'll update the site to let people know that they need to enter a system in order to add a benchmark.

- Oshyan