Who's done that ?

Started by Seth, March 02, 2009, 07:39:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Seth

rcallicotte

Yes.  Waiting. 

Did Matt clarify whether this will be in the future TG2 releases or not?  I wonder how important it is to his end goal.
So this is Disney World.  Can we live here?

buzzzzz1

Quote from: calico on March 03, 2009, 01:45:39 PM
Yes.  Waiting. 

Did Matt clarify whether this will be in the future TG2 releases or not?  I wonder how important it is to his end goal.

There's an End Goal??
XFX 750i SLI  nFORCE Mobo
Intel Core2 Duo E8400 3.00 GHz Wolfdale
8 Gig Corsair DDR2 6400
Nvidia GForce 9600 GSO 768 MB
XP Pro 64 bit OS

RArcher

Here you go.

Faking SSS - EXR output:

Faking SSS - BMP output:

buzzzzz1

Looks pretty good, maybe a little less Transparency and Reflectivity? Also looks like there's an inner matching object which doesn't quite work or am I may be totally wrong? Admirable effort though.   :)
XFX 750i SLI  nFORCE Mobo
Intel Core2 Duo E8400 3.00 GHz Wolfdale
8 Gig Corsair DDR2 6400
Nvidia GForce 9600 GSO 768 MB
XP Pro 64 bit OS

rcallicotte

So this is Disney World.  Can we live here?

Mohawk20

Ryan, what does it look like with light from above, and camera from the side?
Howgh!

Seth

very very good !!! Oo

how did you do ?!  :D

RArcher

Mohawk, Here is a view from the side, light changed to be from above, and zoomed in a bit.

Franck, All I did was take two spheres distorted with the same powerfractal, one smaller than the other.  The small one is translucent and luminous and the larger one has a water shader.

Confusoid

I have to admit, that is cleaver. Any one have a clip file i can test to see what additional effects can be achieved here?

Oshyan

Really cool effect RArcher.

We will be cleaning out the gallery of old or irrelevant images before the site update. When it was originally put in place several years ago the gallery was intended to show what we were working on and experimenting with. Now that it needs to be representative of a real, shipping product, I agree that images like the SSS experiment need to be removed.

- Oshyan

Confusoid

I tried this stuff myself. Added the water shader but it all turned black. Got rid of the water shader and left luminosity and translucency. I had the translucency up to 1000 and no light was pushing through so is that shader even working right?

Tangled-Universe

There's no light pushing through because although the upper layer is "infinitely" thin it is also 100% opaque.
So the shader is working correct.

Confusoid

That makes no sense. The purpose of a translucent surface is it is supposed to allow light to transport through it without being entirely clear. Is there any way to fix this?

Seth

thank you for the explaination Ryan ! I am going to try as soon as I can ^^