Klas Park

Started by buzzzzz1, March 06, 2009, 11:28:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

inkydigit

exceptional as always Jay...straight into the faves!!

Mandrake

Saurav

Great render, love the lighting. The sharpness looks ok on my monitor.

choronr

Very good one Jay. Did you use the trees as individuals or use the painted shader and put them down as a population? I can see that using the shader might be difficult as some appear over the hill. The flower colors blend in well and not obtrusive. In all, this is a goodie!

otakar

Klas Park, how 'bout First Class Park ;)? Really like this one, more foliage would even improve this, if that's possible.

jo

Hi Jay,

That's a very nice image.

Regards,

Jo

mt_sabao

Mr.T!

Nice pic, the light looks very good.

sonshine_777

Haven't been on lately, great image Jay :). I am glad to see the butterflies getting some mileage. I hope to be back on track late spring to early summer, I have just moved and will not be able to afford a new computer until then (my current machine is tooooo slow ;)).

buzzzzz1

Thanks Gang for taking the time to drop a line. Haven't had much time to do more with this scene and not sure I will at this point. I played around with it a few days ago and didn't like the results with the added undergrowth so I think I'll leave it as is and move on to something else. Thanks for your suggestions, comments and praise.

Cheers
XFX 750i SLI  nFORCE Mobo
Intel Core2 Duo E8400 3.00 GHz Wolfdale
8 Gig Corsair DDR2 6400
Nvidia GForce 9600 GSO 768 MB
XP Pro 64 bit OS

Tangled-Universe

Great work Jay!

I especially like the "glowing" lighting on the middel trees in the sort of background. Looks amazing!
The lighting in the shadows is just right. Did you use fill lights or just plain GI?
This one is now my 2-weekly background at work :)

Martin

Quote from: buzzzzz1 on March 10, 2009, 10:01:58 AM
Thanks Gang for taking the time to drop a line. Haven't had much time to do more with this scene and not sure I will at this point. I played around with it a few days ago and didn't like the results with the added undergrowth so I think I'll leave it as is and move on to something else. Thanks for your suggestions, comments and praise.

Cheers

I think you can better move on, to be honest. The way it is now you probably will tend to make it worse rather than improve it.
It's great as it is, I'd consider it finished.

buzzzzz1

Quote from: Tangled-Universe on March 10, 2009, 10:40:47 AM
Great work Jay!

I especially like the "glowing" lighting on the middel trees in the sort of background. Looks amazing!
The lighting in the shadows is just right. Did you use fill lights or just plain GI?

Martin

Cheers

I think you can better move on, to be honest. The way it is now you probably will tend to make it worse rather than improve it.

Thank You Martin, I'm Honored.  Actually I only used GI 1/2 with pre-pass. I increased the enviro light on surfaces too 1.5 and used pretty large soft shadows and quality in the lighting. Also a thing I noticed in Luc's TGD's was he really increased the render contrast and gamma settings, which I think helps in most cases.  If anyone has purchased his canyon files take a look.  Later and good luck with your project.  Just don't charge too moch for it because I'm tight with my money. LOL  ;)
XFX 750i SLI  nFORCE Mobo
Intel Core2 Duo E8400 3.00 GHz Wolfdale
8 Gig Corsair DDR2 6400
Nvidia GForce 9600 GSO 768 MB
XP Pro 64 bit OS

Tangled-Universe

Quote from: buzzzzz1 on March 10, 2009, 11:10:45 AM
Quote from: Tangled-Universe on March 10, 2009, 10:40:47 AM
Great work Jay!

Martin

Cheers

Thank You Martin, I'm Honored.  Actually I only used GI 1/2 with pre-pass. I increased the enviro light on surfaces too 1.5 and used pretty large soft shadows and quality in the lighting. Also a thing I noticed in Luc's TGD's was he really increased the render contrast and gamma settings, which I think helps in most cases.  If anyone has purchased his canyon files take a look.  Later and good luck with your project.  Just don't charge too moch for it because I'm tight with my money. LOL  ;)

Yes I've seen that as well in his canyon pack. Although I also increased contrast and gamma I never did it to such an extend before and I must say it does look better indeed.
I think what really stands out then are the softshadows. They really work well here.

Don't worry about pricing. I do it for fun rather than to make a living of it. Luckily :)

efflux