Terranim2Chan

Started by neuspadrin, March 07, 2009, 10:00:37 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

neuspadrin

Thats the one i tested, i downloaded that one and ran it instead of my copy.

Eza

Hi,

Same problem encountered, file created is empty.
I'm not sure this is a file permission problem : the fil wouldn't be created at all if it was the case ...

neuspadrin

Maybe try putting the input and output in the same folder as the program?  Maybe that will make it happy?  I can't really fix a bug I haven't been able to replicate on my 3 widely different machine setups.

Hmmmm...

MF_Erwan

Same thing, the created file is empty, wherever I put the files... :'(
http://www.megaupload.com/?d=2QNT9BJH
TER size: 4097
Size in meters:1779801
X offset: -889900.5
Z offset:-889900.5
I have Windows 7, 64 bits, Java version 6 update 22.

Erwan

neuspadrin

Worked for me, heres the output I got, see if it looks good.

Also was running it this time on Windows 7 64bit, version 6, update 17 (seems like 22 should work too)

MF_Erwan

Doesn't look good, I'm several hundreds of kilometers under the terrain!
(terrain centered, "Flatten surface first" unchecked (because of the huge scale of the terrain, almost 1800 kms)

Erwan

neuspadrin

Ah, could be due to the flatten surface unchecked.  Also if I recall, the further it moves from 0,0, the less likely the calculations are to work.

Terranim was built around the idea of a flat plane, where as terragen 2 uses a sphere planet.  So, not sure if this will help much beyond more simple setups.

Sorry. I do also have a very quick intro tutorial of how to use terragen 2's animation module:
http://www.planetside.co.uk/wiki/index.php/Introduction_to_Animation_in_Terragen

MF_Erwan

Just forget what I said. I thought I had to open the file via "Import animation file" in the "General" tab of the camera.
I used the "Import" tab and it seems to work better...

Erwan

neuspadrin

Quote from: elegac on December 04, 2010, 03:55:52 PM
Just forget what I said. I thought I had to open the file via "Import animation file" in the "General" tab of the camera.
I used the "Import" tab and it seems to work better...

Erwan

Ok, hope it works well for you.

MF_Erwan

I've launched the calculation with quality 0.25 and small size (70 images in 5 minutes!) to see if it will be ok. But since the terrain is huge, I have no choice but to uncheck "Flatten surface first"...

EDIT: Just had to relaunch, I forgot also to change the planet diameter, since we are supposed to be on Mars...