TG2 enhancements and fixes

Started by commorancy, March 08, 2009, 03:41:25 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

commorancy

Quote from: jo on March 11, 2009, 07:52:41 PM
1) The tooltips problem has been fixed in private releases for some time. If you look at the "More info" section of the Prefs dialog it will show you that it should be turned on unless you're using XP when you mouse over the setting.

Actually, I'm on Vista.. but I'm assuming that whatever bug is triggered in XP is also triggered in Vista?

Thanks for the info on the rest.

jo

Hi,

Quote from: commorancy on March 11, 2009, 08:00:06 PM
Actually, I'm on Vista.. but I'm assuming that whatever bug is triggered in XP is also triggered in Vista?

Sorry, I meant to say "it shouldn't be turned on". It's ok on XP but not Vista or 2000.

Regards,

Jo

Matt

Quote from: commorancy on March 08, 2009, 07:30:39 AM
The performance doesn't degrade unless you add a large population (or other imported objects) and have the population show as a huge number of bounding boxes.  Then, the performance of the viewport degrades substantially when moving.  What you see is jerky movement and non-accuracy.   Pausing the preview allows you to move around in the viewport substantially faster than when not paused.  This is more pronounced when other applications on the system are also utilizing the CPUs.

Yes, some improvements could be made here. Most of the lag comes from the preview trying to perform an update (which means initialising a new render) even though it never gets a chance to actually render anything new. I plan to do something about that.

Matt
Just because milk is white doesn't mean that clouds are made of milk.

PG

Maybe leave the full preview render till after the user has released the movement key they're using. Might also be worth implementing a VERY quick, simple, single pass render during the move so people can tell where they're going.
Figured out how to do clicky signatures