March update

Started by Matt, March 13, 2009, 02:24:53 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Matt

Hi everybody,

This is sort of a reply to the lengthy threads about it this week, so I will start with: I assure you that 2.0 is being released this month!

We did want to follow up with more details (maybe the exact release date, pricing, details of the Xfrog plant offerings etc.), but we've had a lot to discuss and finalise during the last 2 weeks. During that time I did post a list of new features you can expect. A lot can happen here on the forums in just a few days, but these are days that we are busy working on as much as possible in the run up to the release. I have also been unsually busy with non-Terragen stuff which is an unfortunate coincidence. Some of the things we said about posting updates "next week" have had to change. But there is no change to the fact that we are releasing Terragen 2.0 this month, and we made sure of that before we started talking about it.

Another reason we're being a little bit quiet about things is for competitive reasons. Obviously anything posted here is completely public, but there are different levels of publicity, so I can let you know here that the release is happening.

I can't speak for all of Xfrog's statements on this forum, but in the course of our discussions with Stewart from Xfrog some things have had to be amended which have meant they couldn't release those free plants "next week". We were still working on the details when Stewart said that. Some free plants may still be available - please be patient and we'll tell you when things are ready.

Someone floated the idea/joke that Planetside might be bought by Xfrog? No. We're not being bought by anyone just yet and have no plans in that direction.

Matt
Just because milk is white doesn't mean that clouds are made of milk.

gregsandor

Mohawk20

Hooray!
3 cheers for the planetside crew, who always work hard, and still keep us informed!

And perhaps another 3 cheers for the software release this month!

:D ;D :P
Howgh!

matrix2003

-MATRIX2003-      ·DHV·  ....·´¯`*

domdib

cyphyr

Excelent news, sorry about the conspiracy theory stuff, guess I didn't realize I was pressing a sensitive button  :-[
richard
www.richardfraservfx.com
https://www.facebook.com/RichardFraserVFX/
/|\

Ryzen 9 5950X OC@4Ghz, 64Gb (TG4 benchmark 4:13)

chefc

Excellent news Matt Thank you and the rest of the Planetside staff for addressing the recent posts in this forum.
8) 8) 8)
Chef C  ;)

Serving the masses  8)

rcallicotte

Thanks Matt for taking the time to tell us what's going on. 
So this is Disney World.  Can we live here?

mhaze

Thanks for the update - look forward to the release.

Mick

dwilson

Thank's Matt. i can't wait for the release, but i'll have to.

Zairyn Arsyn

I never believed a word of that planetside being bought by xfrog talk.
WARNING! WIZARDS! DO NOT PREDICT THE BEHAVIOR OF OTTERS UNLESS YOU OBEY BIG HAPPY TOES.

i7 2600k 3.4GHZ|G.skill 16GB 1600MHZ|Asus P8P67 EVO|Evga 770GTX 4GB|SB X-FI|Antec 750W
http://zlain81.deviantart.com/

otakar

Matt,

in an earlier thread you stated the final pricing and the deadline for pre-release purchases will be announced prior to the release. Does that still stand? And are we talking 24-hour notice or something more reasonable?

neuspadrin

When is it planned to have the 16 shader limit fixed?  Just curious.  Will that be in this release? Or few more months down the line as an update?

zionner

Firstly, I think this is a great bit of news, I think its really good that Terragen 2 is finally getting near to its "gold" release.

I'd also like to say that the last few posts I have made *though they are few in number* have been full of criticism towards Terragen 2, but I would like to point out that I still, and always will think that Terragen 2 is a great rendering package, and has amazing potential for the future.

However, due to the last anouncement of Terragen 2's release ;), Your going to have to forgive me for being skeptic about the idea of a release this month

Matt

Quote from: zionner on March 16, 2009, 02:48:36 PM
However, due to the last anouncement of Terragen 2's release ;), Your going to have to forgive me for being skeptic about the idea of a release this month

That is understandable :)

Matt
Just because milk is white doesn't mean that clouds are made of milk.