Difference between sunlight and Light source

Started by mt_sabao, April 07, 2009, 11:09:04 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

mt_sabao

Quote from: Matt on April 08, 2009, 05:17:38 AM
The Sunlight is a bit different because it will appear to 'follow' the camera even if you move it over large distances. Or at least it does in 2.0 now that alignment problem has been fixed. You will always be fighting with large number to get the same effect with a Light Source. In this kind of planetary system it's probably what you need though.

Matt

thanks for stepping in Matt. I'm getting my head around it, and yes it's working out. Just takes me a bit of head scratching. Now it's a thing of fighting the coordinates. Have the lighsource at (0,0,0) and i'm positioning the planets at the correct position, instead of the planet at (0,0,0). But still, can help feeling that the coordinate system in TG is very weird. I mean, if i now wanted to place something at point (a, b, c) in planet 3 would be totally impossible. I expressed this already in another thread, would be cool if we could have a global planar coordinates (x, y, z) and each planet would have it's own (radius, lat, long) coordinates, for moving stuff around on it's surface. But that's a different thing now.
Thanks once again.