March update

Started by Matt, March 13, 2009, 02:24:53 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

neuspadrin

yeh my parents were freaked over all the stuff they read about conficker.c and i had to reassure them they were fine last weekend when i visited.  i even double checked that they were auto updating and up to date, and not to mention we use kaspersky, etc.

sonshine_777

Speaking of April Fools has anyone been following Google's string of pranks over the past few years?

Here is the link to this years.
http://www.google.com/intl/en/landing/cadie/index.html

Enjoy!

mt_sabao

it´s all quite pathetic unfortunately. I wish planetside was bought by one of the giants (autodesk or whatever) that could throw in some big bucks and manpower,  so that this amazing software could take off. It´s been over two years, and no wonder it´s a hobbist tool and not a professional solution.

Oh well, let´s wait that this puppy is delivered  any time soon

Tangled-Universe

Quote from: mt_sabao on April 01, 2009, 07:02:48 PM
it´s all quite pathetic unfortunately. I wish planetside was bought by one of the giants (autodesk or whatever) that could throw in some big bucks and manpower,  so that this amazing software could take off. It´s been over two years, and no wonder it´s a hobbist tool and not a professional solution.

Could all be true and very nice, but the more gets bought by giants the more it will inhibit creativity, innovation and competition.

neuspadrin

and increase price tag....

matrix2003

Its a fine line to walk.  Big and commercial.  Sounds great. Yes - "timely but expensive."
or:  Small nugget of a company that maintains excellence and its original promise.

I think any attempts to please everyone is a double edge sword.  Talk to much and people freak out.
Talk to little and people say WTF,  and get all up in your face.  It can be a no win situation for sure!   
-MATRIX2003-      ·DHV·  ....·´¯`*

rcallicotte

Not an option, really.  We'll get a quality solution as soon as it comes out.

Quote from: mt_sabao on April 01, 2009, 07:02:48 PM

So this is Disney World.  Can we live here?

Zylot

Which seems to be any day now

Marcos Silveira

Quote from: Matt on March 31, 2009, 11:41:45 PM
... We're just experiencing a technical issue...

Wonder what it could be. ::)

Mr_Lamppost

Quote from: ro-nin on April 01, 2009, 07:40:16 PM
Quote from: Matt on March 31, 2009, 11:41:45 PM
... We're just experiencing a technical issue...

Wonder what it could be. ::)

It crashed and swallowed the code.  Matt has ordered in a crate of Red Bull and has started again from scratch.   ;D
Smoke me a kipper I'll be back for breakfast.

neuspadrin

conficker.c was actually an elaborate worm dedicated and targeted at matt, and erased every copy of tg2 he has, every revision, and all the code....

*GASP*

jackblack

So... Where's the update?

I told Terragen to look for an update abd it said there was none  :'(

jo

Hi,

Quote from: jackblack on April 01, 2009, 09:03:07 PM

The new version hasn't been released yet, so the update checker won't find anything new. You'll know when it's released :-).

The technical issue mentioned doesn't relate to TG2 itself. As Matt mentioned it's built and ready for release. However there are a lot of other things going on around making the release and it's taking a little time to sort out unfortunately.

Regards,

Jo

rcallicotte

LOL  Yo, Jack.  Allie, allie, in free. 

We give up.

rcallicotte

Chaos.  Sort of like nature...

Quote from: jo on April 01, 2009, 10:32:40 PM
Hi,

The new version hasn't been released yet, so the update checker won't find anything new. You'll know when it's released :-).

The technical issue mentioned doesn't relate to TG2 itself. As Matt mentioned it's built and ready for release. However there are a lot of other things going on around making the release and it's taking a little time to sort out unfortunately.

Regards,

Jo