March update

Started by Matt, March 13, 2009, 02:24:53 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Matt

otakar,

We won't suddenly raise the price without giving you reasonable notice in advance... we will give you that.

Matt
Just because milk is white doesn't mean that clouds are made of milk.

Matt

Quote from: cyphyr on March 13, 2009, 08:54:54 AM
Excelent news, sorry about the conspiracy theory stuff, guess I didn't realize I was pressing a sensitive button  :-[
richard

I'm not sensitive about it... just thought it best not to completely ignore it.

Matt
Just because milk is white doesn't mean that clouds are made of milk.

otakar

Thanks, Matt! I'll stay tuned, but I'll be traveling the last week in March, so I am especially curious how soon this is going to happen :) (and yes, I will need to know what the full price will be before I can make a decision on forking out a couple hundred bucks.) Too bad you won't have the basic version worked out for the big release (its limitations and price)...

Goms

Quote from: FrankB
you're never going to finish this image ;-)

Mohawk20

Just a reminder Matt: You have five days left to release within announced time frame.  ;)

Don't worry, I still have faith. But do you think you can make it, with the full documentation and all?
Howgh!

rcallicotte

I don't think they're going to make March. 
So this is Disney World.  Can we live here?

reck

Quote from: calico on March 27, 2009, 08:54:12 AM
I don't think they're going to make March. 

QuoteBut there is no change to the fact that we are releasing Terragen 2.0 this month, and we made sure of that before we started talking about it.

That's what Matt said on the 13th March.

cyphyr

Quote from: Mohawk20 on March 27, 2009, 06:00:05 AM
..... with the full documentation and all?
I'm thinking this is the bit that will take the longest, getting documentation that makes sense together with examples of some of the more esoteric functions could be a real pain!
GOOD LUCK
richard
www.richardfraservfx.com
https://www.facebook.com/RichardFraserVFX/
/|\

Ryzen 9 5950X OC@4Ghz, 64Gb (TG4 benchmark 4:13)

reck

Yes I think the docs would take a long time to write. But the docs could have been written weeks and months ago, no reason to think it's all been left to the last minute. Apart from the paint shader I don't think any new nodes have been added so a lot of it could have been written last year.

buzzzzz1

Quote from: schmeerlap on February 22, 2009, 05:39:24 AM
Hi Matt

You said nothing about the documentation (user manual) being completed for final release. Will it Be?

John
Quote from: Oshyan on February 22, 2009, 02:51:08 PM
Yes, it will be. :)

- Oshyan
XFX 750i SLI  nFORCE Mobo
Intel Core2 Duo E8400 3.00 GHz Wolfdale
8 Gig Corsair DDR2 6400
Nvidia GForce 9600 GSO 768 MB
XP Pro 64 bit OS

cyphyr

Talking about documentation, will the math and logic behind the functions be explained in detail or is this a level of understanding we'll have to acquire on our own. Some or our members seem to be able to manipulate the function nodes with a very deep understanding whilst others (myself included) barely touch them.
thanks
richard
www.richardfraservfx.com
https://www.facebook.com/RichardFraserVFX/
/|\

Ryzen 9 5950X OC@4Ghz, 64Gb (TG4 benchmark 4:13)

mt_sabao

yes, a thorough and nicely written documentation will be a gift from the gods!
Oh, and can i have a DVD with tutorials with that please?  ;D

rcallicotte

The DVDs and tutorials with example files would be what I think could do okay.  Maybe we should ask Frank how his business is doing with his tutorials and files, etc.
So this is Disney World.  Can we live here?

PG

The best place to learn 3D maths and how they string together is to look at the Cryengine 2. The flowgraphs are pretty much identical.
Figured out how to do clicky signatures

neuspadrin

I'd even take a bittorrent DVD image to self burn or something like that to ease distribution of the DVD.