March update

Started by Matt, March 13, 2009, 02:24:53 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

aymenk2003

Hey camarades what happens to you, only 4 days left, and you couldn't take a small rest and wait untill the final release .....
After that you can discuss about "Docs & Bugs"... ;)

rcallicotte

Good advice.

Quote from: aymenk2003 on March 27, 2009, 01:51:37 PM
Hey camarades what happens to you, only 4 days left, and you couldn't take a small rest and wait untill the final release .....
So this is Disney World.  Can we live here?

Mr_Lamppost

Quote from: calico on March 27, 2009, 02:06:39 PM
Good advice.

Quote from: aymenk2003 on March 27, 2009, 01:51:37 PM
Second that.

But we know the final release will be Tuesday.  I have known that since the announcement of a March release, it has to be the 31st because I am out. Grrrr.  >:(
Smoke me a kipper I'll be back for breakfast.

Mohawk20

Well, obviously 'this month' means 'the last day of this month', you should know that.  ;)
I was just reminding everyone that we don't have to wait much longer, as long as everything goes according to plan...
Howgh!

Mandrake

But it's the weekend and I want to play!! :))

otisnesthead

I have some serious concerns about this release.  It seems to me that there will be at least two major problems.
The first will be the mass release of tension amongst the posters on this forum.  This will be like taking the top of a shaken pop bottle, although perhaps a little less moist.  The tension that has built up over the last year or so released suddenly may not be a pretty sight. 

The second problem will be what will fill the gap in poster's lives that has been occupied by the rumours, counter rumours, accusations, quotes and misquotes since I joined up last year.  There may be a need for a helpline for those affected.

In fact I'm not sure I want the release now - I'm quite happy as I am!!!  Apart from any other consideration I'll have to stop reading and actually produce something.

Mohawk20

Quote from: otisnesthead on March 28, 2009, 06:41:26 PM
I have some serious concerns about this release.  It seems to me that there will be at least two major problems.

I think it won't be as bad as you make it sound. The tension is not that big, as it will just be another update, only a bit better perhaps.
And the gap will be filled with checking out new features, rendering, complaining about bugs, and asking when the next update will be.

Don't worry, everything will be fine... ;)
Howgh!

neuspadrin

In my head it'll just be another version, with new fun features.  Ive been happy with it since I bought it, and became especially happy after it was multithreaded (more so 2nd multithread release when they squashed those render bugs/freezes n such from the first one)

rcallicotte

???

The first will be the mass release of tension amongst the posters on this forum.  This will be like taking the top of a shaken pop bottle, although perhaps a little less moist.  The tension that has built up over the last year or so released suddenly may not be a pretty sight. 

The second problem will be what will fill the gap in poster's lives that has been occupied by the rumours, counter rumours, accusations, quotes and misquotes since I joined up last year.  There may be a need for a helpline for those affected.

In fact I'm not sure I want the release now - I'm quite happy as I am!!!  Apart from any other consideration I'll have to stop reading and actually produce something.
So this is Disney World.  Can we live here?

jaf

Yes, it reminds me of the Lightwave 9.6 release.  I was happy doing the beta testing and getting each beta release, but then it ended and I realized I can't afford the next version (LW Core).  ???
(04Dec20) Ryzen 1800x, 970 EVO 1TB M.2 SSD, Corsair Vengeance 64GB DDR4 3200 Mem,  EVGA GeForce GTX 1080 Ti FTW3 Graphics 457.51 (04Dec20), Win 10 Pro x64, Terragen Pro 4.5.43 Frontier, BenchMark 0:10:02

Zylot

Except in this case everyone who purhased already is in Camp Happy.

Mohawk20

Quote from: Zylot on March 29, 2009, 12:30:21 AM
Except in this case everyone who purhased already is in Camp Happy.

Indeed: "Buy now, don't have to pay more later".
Howgh!

Mr_Lamppost

Quote from: Mohawk20 on March 28, 2009, 08:03:08 PM

I think it won't be as bad as you make it sound. The tension is not that big, as it will just be another update, only a bit better perhaps.
And the gap will be filled with checking out new features, rendering, complaining about bugs, and asking when the next update will be.

Don't worry, everything will be fine... ;)

So no real change then.  ;D

The only difference will be that people will be asking for the first update rather than the 2.0 release.
Smoke me a kipper I'll be back for breakfast.

Mohawk20

Indeed. And, well, maybe we have a few new free plants to play with as well...  8)
Howgh!

aymenk2003

;D ;D ;D ... IT'S A FINAL COUNTDOWN...