How do I create Internal Networks from groups of nodes?

Started by Hetzen, May 27, 2009, 04:47:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hetzen

Quick question, I'd like to place a series of nodes inside say a surface layer, to try and keep things tidy. I can copy and paste them in no problems, but those nodes are now hidden from the "Assign Shader" drop down list in the surface layer that I've just pasted them in.

What am I doing wrong?

Mohawk20

Strange, that shouldn't happen as far as I know... the assign shader menu is the only way I know of to attach shaders that are inside such a node.
Howgh!

Hetzen

That's what I thought. I'll close it down and try again.

FrankB

it doesn't work for me as well, but I know from others that it works for them.
I can only resort to changing the tgd in an editor directly.

Regards,
Frank

Hetzen

Thanks Frank, I wasn't sure if it was just me. Could this be a new bug?

FrankB

I have reported the problem, at least.
It's probably difficult to isolate if it works sometimes and sometimes not, or rather for some people, and for others not.
Regards;
Frank

Hetzen

It maybe the same thing with Ctrl-C and Ctrl-V as well as Ctrl-D (duplicate), they sometimes work, then don't. Weird. I'll see if a re-boot works later.

cyphyr

I didn't know you could assign shaders within surface layers. I'm not at my pc atm but usually I have been able to ace shaders within a new err is it "shader group". I can then access the complex shader network, say a multi leveled grass group, within a single surface layer via any of the suurface layers input nodess.
richard
www.richardfraservfx.com
https://www.facebook.com/RichardFraserVFX/
/|\

Ryzen 9 5950X OC@4Ghz, 64Gb (TG4 benchmark 4:13)

Henry Blewer

I have seen this also. I use the node editor for adding compute normals when I use lateral displacements. Sometimes I also find that the node network hangs up.
The solution I have found is to click on the NODES tab at the top of the program window. Then, click on it again. So far this has made everything return to normal.
http://flickr.com/photos/njeneb/
Forget Tuesday; It's just Monday spelled with a T

Hetzen

njeneb, I'm not sure this is the same problem. What FrankB has seen with the internal networks from others maybe the result of them editing the TGD or TGO files in a text editor to link up those nodes. I certainly can't see any nodes in any internal network from the higher level "assign shader" roll out, so can only assume this is how they've linked them.

mogn

This is a bug, already reported. (see the thread "DandelO's device not working, in the support section"). Use the beta version to do the trick.

jo

Hi,

The problem with the Assign shader submenus is fixed for the next release. There is a workaround here:

http://forums.planetside.co.uk/index.php?topic=6209.msg65689#msg65689

The ctrl-C/ctrl-V problem is also fixed for the next release. I'm not sure when that will be available, there are a couple of other things I would like to resolve for it.

Regards,

Jo