Shore is Flawed Render

Started by schmeerlap, March 16, 2009, 12:47:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

schmeerlap

I've marked in red where render segment edges show up, and yellow where a Fake Stone is flawed by straight edges. I'm not sure if anything can be done about the latter, but I'm more concerned about the problem with render segment edges showing up. This problem only occurred when I changed the render from its default proportions of landscape 3x2 to what I have here.

John
I hope I realise I don't exist before I apparently die.

neuspadrin

I'm failing to see anything, but perhaps its my bad laptop monitor.  I'll have to look again when I get home.

Have you tried crop rendering and seeing what happens in those areas?

Zylot

Lines where the render segments meet on the lateral, I have the same problem dealing with models...

PG

I think it was jo or oshyan who said that increasing GI Samples, not detail just samples helps fix this problem.
Figured out how to do clicky signatures

old_blaggard

Great image in spite of the problems, though!
http://www.terragen.org - A great Terragen resource with models, contests, galleries, and forums.

rcallicotte

I wouldn't have seen the problem.  What does that say about me?  What does that say about your image? 

I like it.
So this is Disney World.  Can we live here?

Oshyan

I can't really see the seams in the sky that you circled, but I do see the rock issue. We're looking at some displacement rendering issues between tiles and will hopefully be able to resolve this to some degree. In the meantime changing the resolution or antialiasing settings may help mitigate it.

- Oshyan

schmeerlap

Thanks for the response. I agree the seeming is minimal, but it is there. It was more apparent before I took the image into Psp and auto-levelled it. I should have uploaded the untampered-with render. I had antialiasing at 10 which isn't too low. I'll take on board your suggestions. Crop rendering where the seems appear and changing the resolution intuitively seems the right thing to do. I won't rerender this image but will be doing others where the proportions will be other than the default 3x2, so I'll keep a beady eye out for seeming.

John
I hope I realise I don't exist before I apparently die.

moodflow

Pretty sweet image otherwise.   8)
http://www.moodflow.com
mood-inspiring images and music

Oshyan

It shouldn't have anything to do with the image aspect ratio by the way, just the resolution.

- Oshyan