Lake Comoran

Started by FrankB, March 17, 2009, 03:10:16 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

FrankB

Hi,

I've been trying to reproduce a calendar photo that's on the wall in my room. For now I have got the spirit of it, but the clarity and detail of the real photo is still a way to go.
However, still it turned out quite nicely, I think, hence I'm posting it here. Maybe I am going to work on this more.
The scene uses my sunset atmo pack and a modified version of the fake stones pack. It's entirely procedural, and rendered for ~5 hrs at quality 0.8. and all the other fancy stuff switched on.

Cheers,
Frank

Saurav

This is looking nice Frank, can we see the actual calendar photo as a reference. :)

rcallicotte

Very nice.  In my opinion, the water needs more transparency and then it would be photo-realistic.  Groovy beauty here, Frank.
So this is Disney World.  Can we live here?

buzzzzz1

Looking good Frank.  Did you use the Painter Shader for the clouds cover? If so it looks pretty good. I know it's a matter of taste but the shadows look a little dark or it's my monitor out of calibration, not sure which? In a few days I will be able to do a calibration when my new hardware arrives. Then I'll take another look and let you know. Like you really care. LOL  ;)  As far as the water transparency, I don't think with the low POV, the mountain reflections on the lake surface and the low sun that the transparency would even show up?  Of course I could be totally wrong. Hope you continue with this and render at a higher quality, could be a great render.  Thanks for sharing it Frank!
XFX 750i SLI  nFORCE Mobo
Intel Core2 Duo E8400 3.00 GHz Wolfdale
8 Gig Corsair DDR2 6400
Nvidia GForce 9600 GSO 768 MB
XP Pro 64 bit OS

FrankB

thanks all

buzzz, no painted shader, just the regular sunset atmo (tropic version, I know it doesn't look tropic here ;-) )

And indeed, in the reference photo, there's not the slightest hint on transparency. You're right, it's the angle and the flat water surface that are like a mirror here.

Cheers,
Frank

PS: the image is a little dark. I calibrated this while sitting in the dark.

Mohawk20

I'd say the trees need a little work in colour saturation and height constraints, but other than that, it's perfect.
Howgh!

Oshyan

Love the clouds! Not sure what it needs to achieve perfect realism, but I trust you'll find it. ;D

- Oshyan

FrankB

Quote from: Oshyan on March 18, 2009, 11:31:22 PM
Love the clouds! Not sure what it needs to achieve perfect realism, but I trust you'll find it. ;D

- Oshyan

That was actually a very encouraging comment  ;D
I'm traveling at the moment, so I can't continue this in the next days, but I'll give it another go in the next few weeks.

Cheers,
Frank

sjefen

Yeah the trees need some other colors. They are very green. Fix that, the mountain texture/color and you'll have a something I would put on a calendar ;)

- Terje
ArtStation: https://www.artstation.com/royalt

AMD Ryzen Threadripper 1950X
128 GB RAM
GeForce RTX 3060 12GB

buzzzzz1

Hi Frank,

Just calibrated my monitor with the hardware I received and as I said I would check your image again.  :)  The shadows look less dark and I can see more details in those areas. It was my monitor and not your image.  I should have known.  ;)
XFX 750i SLI  nFORCE Mobo
Intel Core2 Duo E8400 3.00 GHz Wolfdale
8 Gig Corsair DDR2 6400
Nvidia GForce 9600 GSO 768 MB
XP Pro 64 bit OS