Cloud Density Increase Test (with images)

Started by moodflow, January 22, 2007, 10:49:20 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

moodflow

I ran some tests increasing the cloud density to see the changes.  Strangely, the increase in density had some inconsistent results.  I expected the clouds to get progressively darker, but they didn't, and instead the shading randomly changed.  Be sure to save and use an image viewer to see the differences more efficiently.

In my opinion, the density of 2 gave the best results, but I guess it really depends on the type of clouds and preference.
http://www.moodflow.com
mood-inspiring images and music

Oshyan

In general the slider value ranges in TG2 are setup to suggest a reasonable range of settings for "normal" results. As you can see with the Density slider it operates on very small values, with the maximum being 0.1. Now obviously that doesn't mean that's the maximum you'd ever want to use, and as with most settings in TG2 you can type in any number you want for different effects, but it's not surprising - given the small default range - that much larger numbers have little or no effect. The range of effect is concentrated largely on the lower end of the numerical spectrum, so to speak. So I would suggest a better, more useful test would start near 0 and go up to around 5.

The Density setting also interacts with others like Edge Sharpness to produce different effects at different levels.

- Oshyan