C4d objects into T2

Started by chefc, March 18, 2009, 06:27:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

chefc

This one has probably been answered many times before but I'll ask anyways
Importing a obj made in C4d how does one set up/ utilize the multi shader  ???
Again this has probably been answered before , I'm just looking for the right direction
to go forward
Chef C  ;)

Serving the masses  8)

Oshyan

The "sure fire" way to get an OBJ in the right format, assuming C4D is properly exporting an MTL for texturing, is to send it through Poseray, which is free. For some reason that app seems to output OBJ's that TG2 really likes.

- Oshyan

chefc

Thanks Oshyan for the info I'll be giving that a try.
Hopefully with some great results to post  ::)
Again thanks for the response and info
Chef C  ;)

Serving the masses  8)

Mandrake

The best method is to go here and get ripitide pro
http://skinprops.com/ext/forum/forum_viewtopic.php?45
It's free for a month

chefc

Was not aware of this Mandrake 8) Looks real promising I'll have to give this a further look,have you had any experience with it?
Thanks for the link
Chef C  ;)

Serving the masses  8)

Tangled-Universe

Quote from: Oshyan on March 19, 2009, 12:37:11 AM
The "sure fire" way to get an OBJ in the right format, assuming C4D is properly exporting an MTL for texturing, is to send it through Poseray, which is free. For some reason that app seems to output OBJ's that TG2 really likes.

- Oshyan

Isn't it perhaps useful for planetside to know why Poseray's OBJ-output works fine for TG2? So that TG2 could become somewhat more "tolerant"?
I don't find it really too much work to send it through poseray on the other hand. Just a thought.

Martin

Mandrake

Quote from: chefc on March 19, 2009, 11:18:30 AM
Was not aware of this Mandrake 8) Looks real promising I'll have to give this a further look,have you had any experience with it?
Thanks for the link

Works great, it's a plugin.

Oshyan

Quote from: Tangled-Universe on March 19, 2009, 11:43:05 AM
Quote from: Oshyan on March 19, 2009, 12:37:11 AM

- Oshyan

Isn't it perhaps useful for planetside to know why Poseray's OBJ-output works fine for TG2? So that TG2 could become somewhat more "tolerant"?
I don't find it really too much work to send it through poseray on the other hand. Just a thought.

Martin

It would be nice to know for sure. I think though that there is so much "slop" in the OBJ "standard" and other applications implement it so differently, it's just that TG2 likes a "standard" format. Probably also that our implementation is somewhat minimal.

- Oshyan

neuspadrin

I've been reading up on the obj format and yes, its a mess O_O.  so many options inputs to give, and different ways to display the same data.

latego

If you have problematic OBJs, clean them using PoseRay. I have never seen a PoseRay processed mesh not imported correctly by any program around.

Bye!!!

Mr_Lamppost

Although I haven't tried anything with really complex materials of mappings I haven't had any problems with OBJs exported from Blender. 

I tend to run downloaded objects through PoseRay as the scale and position of the origin usually needs to be fixed.
Smoke me a kipper I'll be back for breakfast.

Mohawk20

Quote from: Mr_Lamppost on March 23, 2009, 07:03:48 PM
...as the scale and position of the origin usually needs to be fixed.

You can adjust that in PoseRay?! Have to check that out...
Howgh!