Clouds - Light Propagation Test (with images)

Started by moodflow, January 22, 2007, 11:02:57 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

moodflow

I ran some tests on light propagation, and only had to run three.  The effect here does increase as the numbers increase. 

In my opinion, the lowest numbers looked the best, namely 0.  Otherwise the clouds lost their depth and even became blown out.

http://www.moodflow.com
mood-inspiring images and music

Volker Harun

I agree with your opinion.

And lots of thanks for your work and time for this and the other tests. It is very much appreciated!

Volker

Superza

Great Work!
i have the opinion that lowering slight give a nice effect but this is inversely  related to the sun strenght.
If you use a low sun strenght i dont think the a low light propagation gives a "better" look,
Best Regards
Max

rcallicotte

Thanks.  This shows a lot.  16 looks great.
So this is Disney World.  Can we live here?

buchvecny

im wondering if you would mind if i put it all together /one JPG image with title + credits and then add it to my thread?

moodflow

Quote from: buchvecny on January 23, 2007, 11:17:59 AM
im wondering if you would mind if i put it all together /one JPG image with title + credits and then add it to my thread?

Not a problem!  I think the more tests we run, the more we can come up with amazing (and realistic) effects.  Then eventually have a bin of clip files to download and tweak, based upon effect.
http://www.moodflow.com
mood-inspiring images and music

Oshyan

These tests are useful and providing results "outside the norm" is good, but keep in mind my comments in another of your image test threads - the values within the default slider range are the "suggested" values in most cases, and they will generally show the greatest variation and possibility for realism. This is not always the case and these ranges will be adjusted for the final release to provide a better range of realistic options, but for now they already do show sensible ranges of settings.

- Oshyan