lots of problems with renders

Started by lucifer1101, January 22, 2007, 07:25:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

lucifer1101

ok i start off by choosing all my settings the way i want i try to render my image and every time it crashes ive tried changing the settings and the same thing. but with smaller render sizes it will render the image and as son as i try to do something it crashes. so i just havent been able to do any renders yet, please help.

Will

could you post your computer specs please?

regards,

Will
The world is round... so you have to use spherical projection.

lucifer1101

celeron 833mhz
512mb ram
dx9.0c
opengl
no graphics card

Will

Quote from: lucifer1101 on January 22, 2007, 07:49:38 PM
celeron 833mhz
512mb ram
dx9.0c
opengl
no graphics card

833mhz CPU and no graphics card will make it very very difficult for Terragen 2 tech preview to function...I for example have two 2.9 ghz CPUs 1 gig of ram and a Nvidea GTX 7800. Im not sure if it can run on your current system thougg sorry...

Regards,

Will

buzzzzz

As stated on Planetside's site FAQ for min requirements:

What will the system requirements for the Windows version be?

We're still evaluating this. However, the absolute bare minimum would be any Pentium/AMD, and 256Mb of RAM might be enough. But we may have to increase these requirements by the time TG2 is released.

As always, the faster the CPU and the more RAM you have, the better.

We don't yet know what versions of Windows we can support, but Windows 2000 and Windows XP will certainly be supported.

Will TG2 require a powerful graphics card, and will it benefit from one?

TG2 will not require a powerful graphics card. However, you will certainly benefit from having one, much more so than with the current version of TG. TG2 uses OpenGL on Windows and the Mac for drawing graphically intensive parts of the user interface, such as the 3D Preview and the network view. It is not used for final rendering however.

Any recent graphics card should stand you in good stead. TG2 does not currently take advantage of the shader capabilities of advanced cards, but it may do in the future. Graphics card technology is still changing rapidly so it's hard to predict where things may end up by the time TG2 is released.

Will

seems to prove me wrong, good new it would seem  :) if such is true it could be a bug.

Regards,

Will

rcallicotte

So this is Disney World.  Can we live here?

Will

yea which with his limited CPU would explain a lot of the trouble but accorting to buzzzzz's post it seems to be with-in the min requirments.

Regards,

Will

lucifer1101

ill just try re-downloading it.
ps soon i will be buying a new computer with a graphics card
1.something ghz
512mb ram
etc
etc

glen5700

The Celeron processor could be your problem, Terragen 2 is a math intensive program and probably is to much for it. I'm sure once you get a new system you will have a lot of fun with Terragen2.

Glen

lucifer1101

thnx all for the info for now ill just keep using the original terragen

rcallicotte

Graphics cards are sort of cheap if you shop on eBay.  Don't give up.  TG2 is much better, though I still love the first Terragen.
So this is Disney World.  Can we live here?

lucifer1101

my computers power supply cant handle any more upgrades

gradient

@lucifer...don't bother with a new video card.  Your current system will just not be able to effectively handle the processing requirements of TG2.
In my previous thread on water render times...it took me 70 hrs to do an 800X600 image with my P4 2.2Ghz machine.  I think superza has one still rendering...130hrs so far with a Pentium D945 machine....and not even close to being completed.

viche12345

My brother's comp is a Dimension 3000 and it has a Celeron 2.4 ghz. TG2 runs fine and is in fact faster than my machine, which has a P4 1.7ghz. I think memory speed also has to deal with render times...I don't know.

Quote from: gradient on January 23, 2007, 12:19:27 AM
@lucifer...don't bother with a new video card.  Your current system will just not be able to effectively handle the processing requirements of TG2.
In my previous thread on water render times...it took me 70 hrs to do an 800X600 image with my P4 2.2Ghz machine.  I think superza has one still rendering...130hrs so far with a Pentium D945 machine....and not even close to being completed.

Wowwwww. Those scenes must be complicated.