Dawn Over a New World WIP

Started by neuspadrin, May 14, 2009, 01:55:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

neuspadrin

Kinda practice and a possible image for the NWDA contest.  Getting close to how I want it, still a few more tweaks and additions/subtractions I plan.

Credits:
Foreground, grass on opposite water edge, background trees: Walli
Background grass: Klas
Atmosphere: NWDA Sunset Atmosphere Pack (been having fun with that poking around a little)

domdib

Promising. The grass on the opposite edge seems a bit too big perhaps, and too evenly distributed. Are you deliberately going for a monochrome look?

FrankB

I like it. I also like that serenity that partially comes through the sepia style coloring.
Shame it's not rendered larger. From what I can see at this small size, the far shore grass is sort of ... huge. However you have a very nice mood captured in this render and the forground details come out nicely despite the frontal sun.

Cheers,
Frank

neuspadrin

Yeh the grass is a little too large over there thats one of my todo fixes, also to fix its distribution up a little.

Sorry it's not a bigger render yet, quad core that does most my rendering is packed up for move so I only have my duo laptop to render.  Also it requires ray traced atmosphere to get the rays in there and get the lighting to look a little better, which took a hit on render time ;).

Ill probably get a higher quality/resolution image started sometime early next week once I get back home for a bit and can set up desktop for a bit.

rcallicotte

Cool idea.  The lighting from this angle (direct on) is the hardest to work with, but the foreground looks pretty good.
So this is Disney World.  Can we live here?

Oshyan

Nice. I'm really liking the rays in the background. :)

- Oshyan