forum rearrangement....

Started by gradient, January 23, 2007, 12:50:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

gradient

To the mods here...
It might help to set up a few new subsections in the forum...one for bug reporting and another for feature requests.
The reason I say this is that I am afraid that the next build is already out with the alpha testers.....and this version will soon be made public. I fear that many bugs have not yet been captured/resolved....and won't before the next release.
I for one would like to see a stable and much more bug free next version before being interested in any major program changes/niceties.  It is the quality of this next version that will likely be the deciding factor for many in whether to purchase..or not.
Let's not get lost in more "wants"....give Planetside a break here....the prog has only been out for a month.

Cyber-Angel

Those are good suggestions but to be fair "wants" that people have are what makes a program like Terragen or any other application for that matter grow in the old days wants where called "User Requests" and that is fundamentally what computers are about. 

When a new piece of software like that latest incarnation of Terragen comes out what you inevitability get are people who come form a diverse range of software and when they can not find a feature or group of features in this new software that they where used to using in the software they have been used to using they will ask on the forums (Conversant on the software vendor having forums, there are those that don't) for those feature/s.

This happens every day with CAD/ CAE and 3D modelling/rendering software and to a degree with terrain modelling applications due to the former been more numerous in number then the latter.

Yes, the core application should be made more stable before any major changes/ additions are made not forgetting that TG2 is a ground up rewrite of Terragen so that when future versions of the program come out it made be harder to make changes to the core once future, more advanced features come online.

Another section I'd like to see added to these forums is an Investor Relations / Business relations section so that people with such interests can get support for these matters in an expedient manor.

Also a feedback section like the one over at Nevercenter won't be a bad idea either.

Regards to you.

Cyber-Angel

gradient

Actually upon futher inspection, there is a "support/request" section here...perhaps that is the place to have a "bug" report subsection.  Of course we know that they won't want to call it a "bug reporting" section......but how will we get folks to report issues there then?...lol

rcallicotte

I like what gradient says about getting stable updates.  Stable updates that bring large amounts of stability to issues is better in my opinion than more features...in the beginning.  Then, add the features.  Otherwise, we might have Bug City for the next year.  Anyway, we probably have nothing to say about it.   :P
So this is Disney World.  Can we live here?

Oshyan

The Support forum is the best place to report bugs at this point. We are considering adding a separate "feature request/suggestion" area, but for now those can be posted in the general TG2 discussion here.

Our current development focus is stability and fix-oriented. We are aiming to update the Technology Preview in the near future to resolve many of the most significant stability issues being experienced.

- Oshyan