Sunrise over Ontario Bay

Started by Tangled-Universe, January 04, 2010, 05:50:50 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tangled-Universe

Hi All,

Based upon a tgd by Henry (njeneb), thanks Henry :)

I'm planning to pack this project up with a pdf and tgd and share it at NWDA CS.
The pdf will be a beginner to intermediate level tutorial on how I did some things here.
It will deal with:

Displacement intersection use
Adjusting watercolor, scales and reflections
Scaling & integration of populations and limiting number of instances
Masking populations using distance shaders, single and mixed, and height/slope restrictions
Integration of multiple fake stone layers
Atmospherics and lighting
Rendering

I can't say when I will be finished with this, because I have a lot of ideas and things going on right now :)

Thanks for stopping by!

Martin

[attachimg=#]

FrankB

cool Martin, looking forward to seeing this up on NWDA CS!!!

Cheers
Frank

Kadri

Good image Martin and sharing the knowledge is even nicer  :)

Kadri.

Viktim

schmeerlap

Very nice scene. I particularly like the placement of your sun so that the sunlight just catches the nearby shore. Looking forward to this tutorial, I'm sure it will be very helpful.

John
I hope I realise I don't exist before I apparently die.

EoinArmstrong

Love the suns specularity on the water (which is also excellent).  Lovely dawn scene :)

tempaccount

Looking forward to the tutorial!

Henry Blewer

You have really made my tgd look fantastic.  8) I am glad you are having fun with it. I am still surprised, it is really pretty basic (at my end anyway).
http://flickr.com/photos/njeneb/
Forget Tuesday; It's just Monday spelled with a T

Thelby

The water looks much better in the last one, don't know if you changed anything, but it is more convincing with the light yuo have on it now!!!

Linda McCarthy

Really impressive and beautiful work, Martin.  I look forward to the tutorial.  Thanks for the inspiration!  Linda

domdib

The light on the water is stunning. Looking forward to what sounds like a fascinating tutorial.

choronr

This is so inspirational; those wind patches on the water and reflections are very natural. The entire composition is well balanced. Looking forward to your post on NWDA.

Gannaingh

Absolutely fantastic work here!